“for a none smoking room our blankets had burnt holes in...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion Hotel La Junta

and 1 more site!
Red Lion Hotel La Junta
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in La Junta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Colorado City, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been staying here a year. I am working in La Junta. I chose this property because they had a heated pool, a work out area and they allowed my cat. The work out area and pool are now under construction. I pay on a weekly basis for my expense reports. I have paid for the room until
Friday. It is Tuesday and I've been asked to change rooms because they have over booked.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Rooms are spacious and clean. Rashad and his staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I have booked my group (which is usually any where from 20 to 33 rooms) at this property every 6 months and had no problem with check in. My card has not had any "extra" charges and there has not been an issue with the rate. I will continue to stay at this property as long as Rashad is the general manager. I strongly suggest that you not go anywhere else in La Junta to stay.

Room Tip: If you have children with you ask for room 207, its just a little bigger!!!! If no children any room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

from the beginning-no ashtray in smoking room, odor worse than cigarette smoke, no toilet paper, no shampoo-lotion-conditioner, 1 tiny bar of soap, one towel, no washcloth or handtowel, no hairdryer, no ironing board, NO TUB LIKE IN THE ROOM DESCRIPTION. it was a dirty old tub with hair and a dead bug in it, dead ants in bathroom, dirty toilet seat, not vacuumed in the sink area or corners, a lamp plugged in to a socket with no cover that the mattress is shoved up against...maybe he wants the place to burn? can you say insurance scam? i wouldnt be surprised. not even a pen to fill out comment card.owner called me white trash when i complained and asked for a refund or even a partial refund. all he offered was another free night when id rather sleep on a park bench than stay there again. he told me he couldnt issue a refund, but i think if you own the place you can. he made a statement i didnt comprehend and when i said his english sucked he let loose a vulgar threat which i cant quote here but it was to the effect of what he would do to me..and called me white trash blankety blank blank blank again.. upon checking my bank account i found that even though i prepaid thru an online booking site, which the owner was well aware of, that this place charged my account again, 1 1/2 hours after the confrontation and i had left the property. they were contacted by BBB several times and would never reply. can you beat that?

Room Tip: to choose the best room just keep driving and find another place to stay!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these La Junta hotels

Loveland, CO.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

Planned a trip to Picketwire Canyon. The forest service office is across the street, so location was perfect. That's where the perfect part ends. I made reservations two weeks or so in advance. I called two times after that to make sure everything was OK. The second time (two days before arriving with a group of family members), the person told me that they had no reservations for me. He said, "impossible." I called back later, speaking to someone else and she said everything was OK. Upon arrival, there was no reservation. I explained the story to the person behind the counter and she said, "Oh you spoke with the owner, and he's an idiot. He does that crap all the time." Anyway, she got us into two rooms, which was fine. The rooms are extremely dated and worn out.
Some weeks later, I received my visa statement and these people had charged me for an extra day, not subsequent days, but two days after our departure. I called three different times (speaking to three different people), each time being assured that it would be taken care of and they would call me back. They never did. Had to dispute the charge through my bank. I sincerely hope they go out of business. No one should endure this kind of treatment.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family