“A great place to stay.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Los Alamos
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Stayed one night on our way from Albuquerque to Farmington and it was wonderful: clean, comfortable, and the staff was very helpful. I have to say they did overbook even though we had a confirmed reservation and we had to take a smoking room rather than a non-smoking room - but they let us check it out first before charging us. The people who arrived 5 minutes after us also with a confirmed reservation were out of luck, but the front desk did make phone calls to find them a place to stay. The continental breakfast was wonderful, although crowded because of the number of guests they had staying.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 24, 2010

There may only be a handful of hotels in Los Alamos, but you can still do better than this.

After checking in, I went to my room and was very surprised to find that someone else's suitcases and personal belongings were in there. Turns out, the girl at the front desk (who had a horrible attitude) had checked out the gentleman who had been staying there all week and put me in his room. As a single woman, this definitely put my safety in jeopardy.

The rooms are very old and kind of grungy, but overall they were clean. The beds aren't very comfortable and the pillows are horrible.

The next morning, I went to their "hot continental breakfast" and found nothing but stale pastries and moldy bread. I went to the vending machine to buy a Nutrigrain bar and some pretzels to hold me over, and found that even those were old! The bar expired in June and the pretzels expired 2 weeks ago.

When I came back to my room that evening, my key no longer worked and I had to go to the front desk to get it fixed. Good thing I did, because I needed to correct the staff (again) about my requested check out date.

After I got that settled, I went back to my room and was surprised to find that housekeeping just didn't come that day. I called the front desk and this is how the conversation went:
Me: Housekeeping never came today.
Staff: Well if you want, I can come change your sheets.
Me: Okay, but I don't want to trouble you.
Staff: Okay then, have a good night. *Click*

Absolutely horrible. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank DB3201
Reviewed August 14, 2010

After making my reservation weeks in advance, I arrived and was told that they were overbooked. They sent me to another hotel 30 minutes away. The same thing happened the next night when I arrived. I'll never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank wildrnr
Reviewed May 31, 2010

Stayed 1 night in Los Alamos while traveling around New Mexico. The room was large and clean. I was in a room on the back of the hotel, facing a condo/apartment complex. Not a great view but very quiet - slept with the window open and heard no noise outside at all. My only complaint is that while the hotel does provide free internet access, it is not wireless. I was able to get the last internet cable available from the front desk. Both of the clips on it were broken and I was never able to use the internet. Not a huge deal as I was only here overnight, but the hotel really needs to upgrade to wireless internet. Overall, a good stay, clean and quiet room, well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank fishersgirl
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Located right by the throughfare, some distance away from the town center proper.

Pros:
* no trouble with traffic noise
* quite adequate breakfast
* standard modern motel in a positive sense
* smoking room available

Cons:
* disinterested receptionist
* WiFi only in the lobby

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jolup
Reviewed June 23, 2008

After trying three disgusting hotels in Espanola, NM we drove up to Los Alamos at 10:30 pm on a Saturday night after the very helpful front desk clerk at the Holiday Inn Express said she would hold the room for us. The room was very clean thanks to their new "Simply Smart" program--NO BEDSPREADS!! The towels were as thick as any in a 5 star hotel I've been in. The breakfast was excellent and well-presented. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling to Los Alamos and will definitely stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels in the future.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sixpalz
Reviewed November 30, 2007

This wasn't a 5 star resort, but it was just like every other Holiday Inn I've stayed in. I found it comfortable, clean, and the internet worked just fine.

I did stay in one of the rooms facing the street and had no problems sleeping at night. Similarly my bathroom tiles did not pose any imminent danger, so I was pleased.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall I was very pleased with my experience, and some long-winded people just need to get a life.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Alamos
Canyon Inn - Downtown Los Alamos
Inn at the Delta
Inn at the Delta
#1 of 2 in Espanola

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos? Share your experiences!