“Underwhelming”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Underwhelming”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were excited to try Pyramid and very unimpressed with the food. We tried the Chicken Tagine with preserved lemon, the Greek Salad and the Roasted Chili salad. We tasted no preserved lemon in the chicken and spices were minimal. Greek salad was basic and a non-event. If we hadnn't ordered the chie salad, which improved the chicken, the meal would have been a total failure.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank j0anjr

Portales, New Mexico
“Best Middle Eastern in Northern New Mexico”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

It may not be saying a lot. because nobody in this God Forsaken state understands Middle but Pyramid in Los Alamos is simply the best. Well-cooked rice, outstanding lemon rice soup, great Tagine. No question, hands down worth every mile and penny. You can visit Bandelier, hike the Jemez, mountain bike, ski, hit the Gordon's summer concert, or go to a show or drink microbrew at Pajarito but do not pass up Pyramid!

• Visited January 2014
Denver
“I loved it”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stopped here for lunch while in the area visiting the Nat'l Park. We had a late lunch so it was not crowded. The menu was very impressive, especially the dinner menu. It made me wish I could come back for dinner. We settled on sandwiches, we were both very pleased with our gyros and shawarma sandwiches. My husband was surprised to get real fresh cut french fires with his and I had a carrot salad with mine. It was served with a side plate of warm pita bread. I topped my lunch off with a cup of chai. No complaints with this place. Well, it is in a plaza but that is not its fault. I am glad we stopped ,the service was great.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank LRMAC
New Mexico
“Lamb muscles and not meat!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I went there for lunch. My wife ordered the chicken salad and I ordered the leg-of-lamb salad. The lamb was more muscle than meat, some pieces were inedible despite chewing for a long time. If I had time I would have returned it! The chicken salad was OK. I think that serving this poor quality lamb shows contempt for customers.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank travelogue6
Venice, Florida
“Pyramid Cafe in a Shopping Center”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

A Mediterranean cafe, located in Smith's shopping center with other restaurants, was a good find for lunch.
Although we waited about 20 minutes to be served because the restaurant was busy, the Greek salad was very good. We also each had the Greek chicken/ rice soup. It was loaded with chicken and served with a side of pita.

Visited October 2013