“Fine”

Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I had good pasta dishes, mine had plenty of shrimp and scallops. However we thought the strawberry lemonade - though sounded like a good idea was not a good mix of flavours and was over sweet. Children might love it.

The tables were a bit cramped and dark (I would advise booking a window seat) and the service seemed hurried and not very personal.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had the eggplant Napoleon and it was too heavily fried. My husband had the salmon Soecial and the fish was over cooked.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a nicely decorated fancy place. The food was very good, especially the chicken cream cheese southwestern concoction. The blue corn enchiladas were great as well. The service is deadly slow since there is only one guy hovering around. It took ten minutes for someone to give me water and there was only two other tables full there. I think, as the local fancy place, they don't have to be friendly and responsive. It adds to the ambiance, hehe. Food was great, albeit pricey.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a good little restaurant in Los Alamos. It is clean, and the staff are very nice. The menu is quite varied with a range of dishes; however as I'm a vegetarian there are only two or three dishes on the menu that I eat. It would certainly be nice to have more. This being said I have loved the meals that I've eaten there. It is not cheap, but this is Los Alamos and it is comparable with the other places in the area.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

To be fair, our party did not even get to the food portion of our "experience" at Blue Window because the front-of-house staff was so rude we decided not to stay. It was a busy Thursday evening and we were willing to wait. But we waited, and waited, and waited...just to get acknowledged by the hostess who seemed to be too busy to get to the front of the restaurant to help people. When she finally arrived up front, her curt "are you being helped" set us on edge. When we said, "no" it seemed to be a total impostion for her to have to deal with us. Even though we put our name on the wait list, after being ignored and being dealt with so rudely, we decided to try our luck elsewhere. No one should be treated so badly especially when one woman in our party was 9 months pregnant. Maybe their food is good, but with a terrible front-of-house experience we were not willing to stay after being so rudely treated.

1  Thank wiscojoan