“Good in Los Alamos”

Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The place serves bagels, sandwiches, and our bakery products. They have a range of cream cheeses which all taste very good. If you are a New York/New Jersey Bagel expert, this is not the place for you - the schmer is too thin and the bagel doesn't quite taste the same (which I think is related to altitude). However this is Los Alamos and for this town (and maybe in NM) it is the best.

The service is great; the staff are always friendly and happy to accommodate my requests.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have always and will always love Ruby Kays, but their new cupcakes are just quite frankly- really bad.
They have a pretty presentation but have the consistency of dry bread. Worst cake I've ever bit into.

Other than that, the bagels are always the best!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Great place for a snack. Very friendly staff and good value food. It can a get a little busy at lunchtime though. Great location in the centre of town too.

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Sadly, this is not my first visit to this location, but lack of alternatives when you have a 30 minute lunch kept me coming back.
My first bad visit, waited with other customers, including a child picking her nose. Unfortunately, when my sandwich was called, that same child picked up my sandwich before I could get to the counter, opened it, gave it back to the server, who then gave it to me. I would have asked them to remake it (it should have been remade in the first place), but hesitated to make an issue and embarrass the mother. What I refer to as the "booger bagel" was discarded the moment I left the building.
Months later, I ordered a soup & chicken foccacia sandwich, only to find (through a very painful bite), the sharp end of a toothpick iin the chicken.
Lastly, never expect the soups listed on the board to actually be available. Repeatedly, I have ordered and paid, only to have the staff tell me the soup I ordered is not what is being served today. No apologies.
The concept of this restaurant is a winner, but in reality...the food and staff repeatedly miss the mark.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Friendly staff. The service can be just a little bit slow but when the staff is friendly waiting isn’t so irritating. They make good, satisfying sandwiches. I LOVE Reuben sandwiches but rarely find a really good one. Ruby K’s Reuben is really good.