“Good easy food”

El Parasol
Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nothing fancy, but all the classic Mexican dishes served at a reasonably fast speed. We usually eat lunch here and find it's the best place to get a real vegetarian burrito with potatoes, carrots, broccoli, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, chile, and guacamole (some other places just give you beans, chile, and lettuce). Some of the food can get a little greasy but it never keeps us away. If your in town and need a quick affordable lunch then look no further than El Parasol.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I do not understand why this restaurant is getting such good reviews. For New Mexico this food just did not make the grade in our book. We have had so many better meals, this one was really disappointing even though a local recommended it over other options in the area. I had also read about it in a couple of foodie books on Santa Fe and Albuquerque.

I got the crispy chicken taco, a tamale, and a bag of chips. I do not know what they are doing to their corn tortillas back in the kitchen but both the taco shell and the chips seamed liked they had been left out in my pantry back home for a month. They were hard, overcooked or stale, but they just did not taste good. The chicken was ok but I could not taste the guacamole and all the rest was just lettuce.

The tamale was better, but again I have had much better along my travels in New Mexico.

I would just warn others that if you have already had some great Mexican food, you might be disappointed in what you get here. It is better than going to Taco Bell, but it has a lot of room for growth. I am surprised that it is a chain throughout Northern New Mexico.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great SW food served fast and without fanfare. The green chile cheeseburger was tremendously delicious and I've had them in so many different NM locations. The fries were hot and tasty. Even though it was busy, the food arrived quickly. I would agree...be aware of the limited hours, especially at dinnertime.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

the burritos were my favorite, featuring eggs, bacon, cheese, potatoes and green chile. when we entered there was a huge line and we were downcast as we thought it would be at least an hour to be served; hoever, we were quite pleasantly surprised when the service happened not ten minutes later. the kitchen and staff really has its act together. and there was lovely sanctuario art on the walls to contemplate!

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a quick lunch here and were pleased with food. Burritos and tamales good. This is a fast food, order at the counter type place. We ate here on a Saturday and they close at 2pm so be aware of the time.