“Oldest remaining restaraunt in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Viola's Restaurant

Viola's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Oldest remaining restaraunt in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Oldest remaining restaraunt in town. Excellent Southwest Mexican food. Always enjoy the food and have weekday specials reasonably priced and fast service.

Visited January 2014

Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Terse wait staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have eaten at Viola’s twice. The first time I thought the food was tasty, but I was surprised that when they mention “beef” on the menu, they mean hamburger, not the shredded beef I would have expected. The service was ok, not great. The restaurant had that dingy, in need of a real scrubbing feel about it.

The second time I went there I was very disappointed. We had called ahead to let them know there would be a group of about 15 at 1 p.m. There wasn’t enough seats for our group which is understandable so we waited patiently until a nearby table was available. The wait staff did not seem to pay attention that we needed the table so we went ahead and moved the table so we could sit with our group. I apologized to the other diners for moving tables around and they were friendly about it but the wait staff became terse with us. I did not receive the food I ordered but I did not say anything because I already felt that the wait staff was annoyed with me. It is so hard to find good food in Los Alamos but I will put up with it if the wait staff is kind – and if the place is clean.

• Visited January 2014
Savusavu, Fiji
“Hoped this would be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Many folks talk about Viola's so I wanted to try it when I visited my old home town recently. Strange to walk into the old KFC and have them serving NM fare. No atmosphere except a few familiar faces.

Food was average but I guess if you're stuck on the Hill, it's better than making the long drive to Santa Fe or Chimayo.

Wish I could give them a better rating but I just wasn't impressed.

• Visited October 2013
Bend, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has good food, friendly service at reasonable prices. I had the combination plate and all items we tasty. You get choice of red or green salsa.The atmosphere was just OK. This is not for fine dining, just good food at a reasonable price in a friendly diner.

1 Thank Craig L
Tucson, Arizona
“Popular Neighborhood Place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Jammed at 11:30 Tuesday morning, we waited about 10 minutes for seating. Fast, friendly service and good food. Friends had Mexican daily special and I had BLT. Nothing special, but good food.

• Visited October 2013