“Best Place In Town For Breakfast”
Review of Chili Works

Chili Works
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed November 21, 2013

By far, the best breakfast burittos in town. Yes, the place doesn't look much, but the food is delicous and it's my "go-to" place for breakfast when I'm in town.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Yes, Chili Works looks like a hole-in-the-wall shack, but folks here make the best breakfast burritos I've ever tasted. I admit, I was pretty unimpressed by New Mexican cuisine during my 11-day trip. Most restaurants could be ranked "so-so" at best. Then, when we met up with friends who live and work in Los Alamos, they told us we couldn't leave the area without a visit to Chili Works. It is the ultimate in "local" establishments! I loved the no-frills character of the place as soon as we drove up.

You have to know what you want & be ready to order fast. There's no idle chit-chat at the counter. But who cares about service when the food is this good?

It was a cold morning, yet we ate outside anyway on metal patio furniture with some hungry ravens stalking us. The wrap was soooo worth the cold butt and the beady-eyed stares. No lunch necessary!

2  Thank Tiffy_Bird
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Chili Works has to be by far the most unlcean little hole in the wall I've been to. For years this establishment has been dirty and unclean. The workers are not sanitary and the little building from the time you walk in to looking back into the kitchen you would think you were eating on the range at a chuckwagon. Well I'm thinking that the chuckwagon would probably be cleaner. I'm not just saying this on two occasions I've had terrible experiences with this restaurant. First of all, last year I got a BRC "brick" or bacon red cheese breakfast burrito and found a bitten finger nail in my burrito. This year after giving it some thought and thinking well they should have cleaned up their act by now. I'd give it another chance and today. The cook was outside showing his bike off then went inside and proceeded to make the burrito I had just ordered without changing his gloves. I pointed this out and they made me a new burrito but still gave me the old one while I watched! Can you believe this?

3  Thank digital7
Reviewed August 13, 2013

A local favorite, this little building produces the best burritos in town at a surprising speed. The green is hot and the red is smokey to perfection. They offer nothing but great food and a small patio, but that's all you need to have the best burritos around.

1  Thank leo r
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stopped here for breakfast on the recommendation of a local when I mentioned that I was craving huevos rancheros for breakfast. Opens by 6 am, not much to look at but my breakfast was wonderful. Cute little outdoor patio to enjoy your food at. Located right next door to Sonic. Closes just after lunch.

1  Thank sbfrost