“No hot water”

Motel 6 Los Alamos NM
Motel 6 Los Alamos NM
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Los Alamos
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel is not too busy. Probably not a bad place. However I was in room 120 which is the below ground floor and the internet did not work. Also, there was no hot water. It's a bit run down but the two young people running the front desk were about as nice as you can get. They were the only inspiration at the place. FYI... the Los Alamos Lodge is on the south side. Get on the 2nd or 3rd floor as close to it as you can because the internet you can use the internet from them (located directly next to the Motel 6).

Room Tip: Make sure everything in the room works first, internet, hot water,....etc.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lethaloption

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nothing fancy about this hotel - no soap, pads of paper, details of the area. It was inexpensive, however and they allow dogs. The room smelled of smoke, but was relatively clean. Not a ton of parking. I won't stay here alone as the front door was open all night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingbugs8
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I thought it was illegal to not have fire detectors in hotel rooms?! Apparently, that is okay in Los Alamos. After awhile the awfulness of this place became almost a comedy. We drove into Los Alamos rather late and a local business recommended the Ashley. When we arrived the desk manager was very pleasant and gave us the card to room 224. Room 224 had a sign on it "Do Not Disturb". Thinking this was a mistake, I opened the door and went on in. Wrong! There was a person in the bed! Back to the front desk to report a person in room 224 and request another room. We were given the key to 223. Hmmmm; maybe it would have been better to say with the body in 224. Room 223 had a big hole in the wall where the air conditioner should be, bare wires hanging out of the wall, a missing fire alarm in the ceiling and no hot water. Back again to the front desk to be assigned another room, 212, which did have hot water and again a big hole in the wall where the air conditioner should be. Good points of the Ashley: The front desk manager was very personable. the bed was comfortable and we didn't get any bedbugs.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cathy0606
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I cant believe the treatment from this place, THE WORST. I sure hope the owner of this does not condone this kind of treatment. We showed up to check into the 3 double rooms we reserved only to find a "Will return in 10 min." Sign at the front. Our people showed up tired. We waited for an hour and still no one. We took it upon ourselve to call someone to help us. keep in mind we heard lots of bad things about this motel from others in the area but we still gave them a chance. (live and learn) When we get a hold of a woman who was the manager (horrible human being) she shows with an attitude the minute she walks in. And when we, rightlly so, show are frustration she proceeds to tell us we are not allowed to stay there. She offered no, I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, or not even a hello. Just this mean scoul from this person. I can't believe they would hire people like that. this motel still has no working heat or air. What sorry exuse for a motel. They should get it together or just close up shop. Ive never been so disgusted in a place or in a person in all my life. BEWARE furture guest.

Room Tip: Be sure to read the reviews of a hotel/motel or you may have this kind of frustrating experience.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank r h
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This stinker stands out.

The manager thinks the lobby is his personal living room. Hope you like his two pit bulls. That's also where the "breakfast" is served. Gross!

I stayed there maybe 20 times this past winter. Never once did the room have HEAT! Repeat, no heat at all. Complaints do no good. Just get a couple extra blankets.

The manager is probably the repairman, because everything is broken and I never see him anymore. Something busted in every room. They seem to want to run the place into the ground.

Unless you have one of the 3-4 room near the center stairway, you will NOT get wifi. Two of the 3 wireless routers have been broken for over a year.

The management is RUDE! The manager's girlfriend would rather talk personal business on the phone than help customers.

Twice the manager put a ladder up and broke a window because the electronic door locks won't work.

I feel bad for the owner. He can't tell from Santa Fe what a mess his manager is making of the property.

Ashley is just a DISASTER!.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Kohn75743
Reviewed July 9, 2011

i work for kiewit sent me to the labs for a project stayed at ashley inn till end of june had no air condition when asked about it was lied to said it wsa going to be fixed still not working when i moved out they refused to refund me 13 days i had left on my monthley rate.when i asked why not they threntened to call the police and were verbably nasty place smells and custermer service stinks. place is a dive.do yourself a favor stay at the los alomos louge susie is great rooms might b smaller but its cozy

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tulrocks
Reviewed June 14, 2011

THe new owners and especially the new management team have made this a real nice place to stay.

The parking lot is smooth as silk, the rooms are HUGE! AND CLEAN! The managers are extremely courteous, and attentive to everything you ask for.

I looked around this whole area and they offer the best deal in town.

I am on a three month contract with a local company and I originally was only going to stay at the Ashley for a few days until I found an apartment. But this is such a great deal on a great room that I stopped looking for an apt and am staying here through the summer.

They offer great deals on weekly and monthly deals.

Room Tip: East side rooms have moutn views
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business