“Excellent deals on tastings!”

Don Quixote Distillery & Winery
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We visited the "Santa Fe" tasting room which is much closer to Chimayo than Santa Fe.
Tastings were $5 for 5 tastings or $7 for 5 tastings and souvenir glass.
Tastings include your choice of spirits, sangria, etc. You can do 5 tastings of spirits if you wish!

1  Thank Caroline D
"classes"
"gifts"
"nm"

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We walk into this beautiful old building- and are the only ones there for some serious 1-on-1 time with one of the staff members. Her knowledge of the spirits was outstanding and she taught us quite a bit about Don Quixote's products. The tasting was quite enjoyable- and we made sure to empty them of a bit of inventory as we left! Good stuff!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We tried at first to visit the one mentioned as the address here above which was closest to the Bandelier National Monument when we happened to see a sign for it on the way in and since we were in the area, to visit it on the way out. They weren't open for some reason and they didn't post a sign why. We could see that someone was inside watching TV though but they didn't come to the door. It's a weird location, like in someone's home. So we had to head to their other location north of Santa Fe along Highway 84.

It was also weirdly located by a highway and not lit up. It looked closed it was so dark. As now the sun has gone down and there were no street lights along the highway, we drove right by it missing the pull-off for it the first time around. By the time we doubled back, it was 25 minutes to closing, 5:35pm. Needless to say, we felt rushed in our tasting.

Still, we did a series of 5 tastings for $7. The 5 samples can be any wine on their menu and you got to keep the logo'd souvenir glass (or shot glass if you happened to sample a hard liquor).

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Last Friday night we used a Groupon for a mixology class at Don Quixote. We have driven by there many times, saying that we should stop in but never did. I checked out their website to see that they had a mixology class every 3rd Friday of the month. The Groupon was 45 dollars for the two of us. This was a great deal.
There was a lecture about the history of cocktails before we started to mix our own cocktails.
We made 5 cocktails: classic martini, cosmopolitan, metropolitan, pisco sour and an old fashion.
All the ingredients were arranged along with the recipe at tables. Ron, the co-owner would make helpful suggestions. Snacks and water were provided.
I have never had a martini with both gin and vodka. We were instructed to shake the martini instead of stirring. By shaking the martini, more of the antioxidants are released. All I know was it was cold and delicious. This is high praise coming from a bourbon drinker. It was a total surprise to me that I liked it. What have I been missing all these years.
I also thought that the metropolitan was tasty. I had never heard of this particular beverage.
It contained brandy, sweet vermouth, simple syrup and bitters.
I really enjoyed the pisco sour. It was so very different and delicious. This drink is originally from Peru. Since I am a bourbon sour drinker, I was intrigued. The Pisco Sour did not disappoint.
It was a frothy drink that contained Don Quixote Pisqo, lime juice, simple syrup, pasteurized egg whites, and bitters. This is a Sunday brunch drink that packs a punch.
I enjoyed the old fashion. I had never had an old fashion made with a sugar cube.This made a big difference in the taste of the drink.
Don Quixote makes a blue corn vodka. It is one of the best vodkas I have ever tasted.
I had to bring the blue corn vodka and pisqo home.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was part of a group of four who attended Don Quixote's "Mixology 101" class at the Pojoaque/Santa Fe location last Friday evening. Ron, the owner and distiller, gave us a great lesson in the history of spirits in New Mexico and the US. He provided lots of interesting and entertaining trivia and instruction. But the best part was all the hands-on mixing using their vodka, gin, bourbon, and brandy. We mixed and sampled five cocktails during the evening. My martini was the best but the old fashioned I conjured at the end really hit the spot. We had lots of laughs and great interaction with the other guests. We all left happy and eager to sign-up for the next class. I could get a PhD in this! Great value and highly recommended.

1  Thank Papa505