“Quiet and Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Los Alamos
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express was nicely decorated, quiet, comfortable, and clean. There were only 2 drawbacks to our stay at this hotel; the desk clerk was very impertinent and the elevator was extremely slow.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great for when you arrive into Los Alamos late at night, with convenient access to LANL a short drive a away. Great running trails around the mesa and a good food co-op grocery store a short walk away

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2013

My second stay at this hotel in the last four years and I was again very pleased. Located just outside the center of Los Alamos, it is only a few minutes from LANL. The rooms are clean and fresh but nothing more than one would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. The breakfast buffet was the typical hot/cold fare for this class of hotel and the dinning area was big and well-maintained. One morning we arrived just after a large group had cleaned out the buffet but it was replenished reasonably quickly.

Room Tip: There's a very brightly lit greenhouse beside and behind the hotel. Although the hotel's cu...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I tried to check in our first evening in Los Alamos, after driving three days to move here. The desk clerk told us that we didn't have a reservation and that the hotel was fully booked. Upon further investigation, he said that we had cancelled our reservation earlier that day (we hadn't!) and there was nothing he could do for us -- not even tell us what other hotels are in town! There wasn't a manager on duty for the next two days (it was a weekend), so we filled out an online complaint with Holiday Inn, who told us that someone from the local hotel should contact us soon. Two months later, we've never heard a thing from them!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Ellen S,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. We would like to address this with you further. We have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This appears to be a pretty new option for Los Alamos (in fact, their ad in a local publication billed it as "Los Alamos' Newest Hotel!". It's actually located a bit out of town, right near the end of the airport runway. My understanding is that the Hilltop House, a hotel closer to town, is having financial troubles (and may not even be open - it looked pretty quiet); TripAdvisor reviews of that place seem to reflect their problems. I think you'd be better off trying this Holiday Inn. There's also the "Hampton Inn Los Alamos," but it's actually over in White Rock, not Los Alamos -- not far away really, but if you want to be in Los Alamos, it's not there. Anyway, check-in at the Holiday Inn was efficient but they first gave me a room that the previous guest had definitely smoked in (even though the whole hotel is non-smoking); they cheerfully gave me another room. Breakfast was fine. The only problem I had is that my wife tried to call me several times in the evening and they didn't answer their phone (but this isn't the only hotel where I've had that problem in recent years!).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyGuy47
Reviewed September 7, 2013

In Los Alamos for business. Stayed four nights and would not hesitate to stay again if I was in Los Alamos again. Check-in and out was easy and the front desk staff were friendly and professional. My room was clean and housekeeping did a good job every day. Breakfast was fine, but after four days it would have been nice to see something different! Internet access was OK, but I was not attempting to stream movies. My only criticism is the curtains didn’t really black out the room, but since I was up around dawn every day this was not an issue. Some people complained about noise – yes it is on the highway but the road noise is very minor and didn’t worry me at all. In Los Alamos for buisness. Stayed four nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was a new property that was very clean and conveniently located. We enjoy the comfortable lobby, the free newspaper, and the breakfast.
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Los Alamos area.

Room Tip: Higher rooms seem to have less noise as suggested by the Guest Services clerk.This property also has...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Alamos
Homewood Suites Santa Fe
#10 of 60 in Santa Fe
Downtown
Inn on the Alameda
Inn on the Alameda
#3 of 60 in Santa Fe

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos Entrada Park? Share your experiences!