“Adequate”
Review of Badlands Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interior
Badlands Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Interior B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2013

It's a little rundown (perhaps bordering on shabby), but it's perfectly adequate. The best part of this hotel is the location. The banana nut muffins were great at breakfast.

Note: the hotel is very close to the Badlands Park, but not really within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 4, 2012

First off the location was great. At night you can go outside and look at stars, very dark skies. The room was comfortable, had a fridge and good beds. The continental breakfast was fine. It was also very quiet. We had to leave early due to a dental emergency and the front desk clerk (Barb) went out of her way to get authorization for us to leave early. I appreciated her assistance. I look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bikeco
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was a nice clean , but as said before small rooms. Had no problems with that, but the clerk was not too friendly and if you have allergys stay out of the office and grab your breakfast and eat outside or in your room. The office was musty and didn't smell very good and if you have allergys your lungs will let ya know in a hurry.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Dont let the outside appearance discourage you, inside you will find good sized rooms that are spotless with free WiFI and a typical continental breakfast. Great views of the Badlands right out your window. Much cheaper than the Cedar Pass Lodge just up the highway. Very good value for park lodging. If a pool is important, look elsewhere because they dont have one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mike W
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family of five spent a day and a night at The Badlands. Three of us wanted to camp(two of us did not). This hotel was a throwback to the 1950's. Nothing fancy but the park gate was visible from our door. The views from our second floor room were breathtaking. I was pleasantly surprised by the variety of breakfast items included in the free continental breakfast. They even welcomed our three campers. The room was clean, but well worn in spots. The beds were comfortable and the air conditioning a welcome relief in the middle of the afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank really24
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Location, location, location. I agree that the rooms in this hotel are not that large, however, they are clean. Yes, Check-in strats at 3:00 p.m....so what? If you have to wait a bit, admire the location...you are in the Badlands!!!!
The staff is extremely friendly and will bend over backwards to assist you.
I don't visit the Badlands to spend hours in a pool, I am there to admire and enjoy nature's immense and spectacular beauty. By the time I got back to the hotel room I was so tired from a day of walking, climbing, driving and from being bombarded with overwhelming experiences, that all I wanted was a "clean comfortable bed". The Badlands Inn certainly provided this.
If you want big city hotel luxury don't come to the Badlands or this Inn. However, if you wnat to be immersed in the beauty of the area, the Badlands Inn is a reasonable place to spend the night.

Room Tip: Any room is fine. At night, take a chair and sit outside for awhile, and ask yourelf when it was the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jomoud
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a very good experience, the room was small, but very clean and it's right in the badlands. It was just my younger daughter and I so we didn't need lots of space. Plus there is only alternatiive right at the park so I felt fortunate to find clean. It wasn't low cost but I wasn't surprised. The women running the office was very nice and very chatty.

Now the bad part. We left a power cord in our room. I have been trying to reach someone for 2 weeks and get voicemail and a message that the voicemail is full! So much for service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Forever_Resorts, Central Reservations Manager at Badlands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

I'm glad to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your experience at the park. I'm sorry that you haven't heard back about your power cord. If you can contact me at sangell@foreverresorts.com with your reservation details (confirmation number and/or last name and date you stayed at the property) I would be glad to assist you with the retrieval of the cord if one of our staff can locate it.

Steve Sun-Angell
Central Reservations Manager
Forever Resorts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Interior
Best Western Plains Motel
Travelodge Wall
Travelodge Wall
#10 of 11 in Wall
America's Best Value Inn

Been to Badlands Inn? Share your experiences!