“Quaint 70's Motel”
Review of Badlands Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interior
Badlands Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Interior B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Quaint 70's Motel”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

In the middle of the prairie is this older motel but clean and comfortable. Mattresses are newer and bathrooms are clean. The staff is wonderful and friendly. We had a bit of an emergency with one of the kids and the staff went out of their way to help us.
The continental breakfast was great for us, with yogurt and cereal as well as bagels and muffins. Juice and coffee topped off our start to the day. I would differently recommend this prairie stop to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank drew0987

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I read the reviews and was really concerned that we were staying here. When you drive up, the hotel doesn't look like much, so we reviewed the room in advance.
Everything was great!
The room had 2 queen beds with clean linens. A clean carpet, bathroom, bath towels. This is no frills, but well worth the stay to avoid a tent. If you're staying near the badlands, and want a terrific view out your window, then this is the place for your. It looks like attempts are being made to update the hotel, and aside from some water stains, the room was terrific for our one night stay near the badlands park.
The hospitality was wonderful, and the breakfast was simple, typical camper fare with great muffins, cereal, yogurt, and coffee.
In short we were pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed May 2011
7 Thank ahoughro
Ham Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I used to stay at the Badlands Inn over a decade ago and have many good memories of my times there. It was privately owned at the time and now it is owned by Forever Resorts. We had decided to stay an additional night near Badlands National Park and the cabins at Cedar Pass Lodge were full. But I was excited about visiting my old haunt, the Badlands Inn. I was stunned by the change. The carpet was stained, filthy and torn. There was just a bare bulb in the bathroom with no cover over the fixture. There was no bedspread on the bed. There was not even bad art on the walls--they were completely bare. The bottom edge of the door was splintered off, leaving a space we talked about plugging with a towel. But there were no extra towels. This was always a no frills place and I have no problem with that, but the room was so bad that we thought about sleeping in our car or just driving away. We didn't know how we would sleep in it. I slept in a mummy bag or travel sheet I had brought with me. I didn't want to even set our suitcases or backpacks on the carpet, but there was no choice. Before the sun even rose, we were up and out of there. No thanks to the continental breakfast, we wouldn't have been able to eat it. I love the Badlands and will do almost anything to be near them, but I won't do this again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Interior hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We decided to stay just outside the park in the Badlands Inn. We tried to stay inside the park but all the cabins were filled. The Badlands Inn as well as the Interior Cabins are managed by the Park Service. We needed to get there by a certain time in order to get ammenities like ice for our room, otherwise you are left picking up your key from a drop box. The staff leaves in the early evening and returns in the early morning.
Our room was basic, clean and comfortable. The air conditioning worked well and was a welcome respite after spending the hot afternoon in the park. The views from the Inn were unbeatable. Breakfast in the morning was basic, but there was an option to eat breakfast at the lodge five minutes from the inn. The lodge had a more expansive breakfast selection.
Because we stayed so close to the park, it was just a short five minute drive back into the park at dusk to partcipate in the Night Sky Program. I cannot say enough about this program! I never saw so many stars! The milky way was in plain view by 9:30PM. Keeping in mind the formidable environment that makes up the Badlands, the Badlands Inn offers a civilized option for those who are not quite ready for camping.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Christopher M
Ashland, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 24, 2010

The service was friendly but the room was not. The carpets were stained and dirty so we wore our shoes while inside too. The lamp cord was taped together and hanging over our heads when we went to bed. The window was Plexiglas and could easily be popped out of place. We had to be gentle with the door knob so it would not fall out. We were so grossed out by this room that we ended up sleeping in our sleeping bags. We admired the camp ground across from us wishing we would have camped instead.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Vermont
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We tried to get into the cabins inside the park but they were booked and we needed a place to stay so they suggested this place. It looks like an old strip motel upon driving up and there is no frills about it. It was clean and the staff were VERY friendly. Needs some TLC but it was a comfortable stay. No pool or much of anything. The comp breakfast was muffins, donuts, cereal, coffee, juice...no frills there neither but we felt comfortable eating it as the area was clean. I say if you can't get into the park to stay this is an ok second choice. I wouldn't recommend or not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Roofers
Setesdal
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Got lost in the darkness and ended up here after closing time. A young woman I met after closing time was very helpful and gave me a room. She also tried helping me getting my phone to work and, when it wouldn't, she called my family to let them know I was ok. Next morning another woman there followed me to Cedar Pass lodge so I could pay for the room. Then she helped me by describing the roads I should take to get to my destination, Manderson. Found my way easily after that.
I couldn't have been treated ib a better way. Thanks a lot to the wonderful staff from a lost Norwegian!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Heiravn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Interior
Best Western Plains Motel
America's Best Value Inn
Econo Lodge Wall
Econo Lodge Wall
#8 of 11 in Wall

Been to Badlands Inn? Share your experiences!