“Nice place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interior
Badlands/ White River KOA
Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the very beginning of check in I could tell they valued us as customers. The staff members were friendly and helpful. Check-in was quick as we had reservations.
We stayed in a one-room cabin w/o bathroom. It was quite nice and clean. The overall size was okay as we only stayed one night. The bath house/restrooms were clean and not far from the cabin.
The all-you can eat pancake breakfast was good and reasonably priced to feed our family of 6.
We didn't have time to utilize the pool so can't comment there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a good KOA. It is at least 20 minutes off the Interstate coming from Sioux Falls and 35 minutes coming from Wall. The park itself is very friendly. Roads are a little tight but our 40 footer made it. Gravel sites that drained well after a heavy rain. About 10 minutes to the Badlands visitors center. Be advised there is not much out here in the way of stores. Bring what you need with you. From here we went to the Minuteman Missile Site and Wall Drug, If you are hiking this would be somewhere to stay a few days. If you are only seeing the Badlands and the Missile Site you can do it in two days. Their internet works well but no Version service. Good Cable TV. A little overpriced but there are not many choices. Posted by grinandbrakeit,com

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We chose the KOA after a bad hotel experience in Rapid City, and since it was the 4th of July, no other hotel options were available to us. We chose to stay at a cabin at the KOA. The customer service was impressive, and the cabin was very clean. We were very impressed!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank m0nd1m00re
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We ended up in the Badlands a day early and were lucky to be able to book a night at this KOA. The staff were very friendly, honestly, what made this visit was the great big smile of the daughter of the owner that led us to our campsite. It's amazing how just simple smile can set the stage for a wonderful experience. We also enjoyed the pool which was a nice temperature. It's a tough choice between this KOA and Cedar Pass Campground as they're both so different. If I were to go back I would probably split my stay between the two (this one the kids liked better)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 4Malli
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We tent camped. The staff at this KOA were very courteous and helpful. The facilities were clean and good value for the money.

Only complaint is that because its close to the the mosquitoes at night are REALLY bad. Be sure to take the big spray!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This KOA was great, but I'll admit that I wished I had looked into staying inside the National Park first. We got there late at night and left early, and they had everything ready for us.

Also, I expected the breakfast to be expensive, but it was a phenomenal deal. $3 for all-you-can-eat pancakes, and $2 for breakfast meats. So worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pvtmulholland
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I must say the other reviews are right on the money. My review is for a Kamping Kabin w/o a bathroom. From the moment I walked in the office door, I could tell they truly care about making your experience great in every way possible. We stayed here 3 nights combined on 2 separate occasions at the beginning (for 2 nights - 6/10 and 6/11) and at the end (for 1 night - 6/20) of our 12 day western US trip. Marci remembered us when we returned and saved me time by speeding up my check-in, telling me where my site was, but still asked if I had any questions before going to our cabin.

I realize the site states the Kamping Kabins are adjacent to the White River, which they are, but there is no view. Simply walk down the berm walk behind the kabins and on your left you will see a trail down to the river. It is worth it in my opinion. We just enjoyed the view since the river was running high at this time of the year.

Food: If you don't want to cook, go to the office and order what you want for breakfast or dinner. Use the menu on the wall behind the desk to aid you. Dinner is from 6-8 p.m and breakfast is 7-9 a.m. - okay times in my book. We had both breakfast and dinner, and they were both delicious. Expect to pay around $15 for 2 people per meal, but the pancakes and Indian tacos are delicious. Pancakes are indeed all you can eat. The Indian Taco is all of your taco fixings on top of warm fry bread with salsa and sour cream on the side. You can add it if you like.

Kabins: If you are not used to tent camping, the bed will be quite firm for you. We camp and even we brought padding and sleeping bags, and it was very necessary. The bunk beds were nice to hold all of our items, because the floor space is very tight. Regular kamping Kabins are 12 x 12 feet. When you get there, turn your key to the left and pull down on that handle with a rope on the door to get in. Turn on the air conditioner - they don't run them - it is very efficient as long as you don't use the "fan" setting available. Lighting was adequate; my recommendation would be to bring head lamps to wear or flashlights to carry to read if you're used to lots of lights or to find the restroom later after dark. Each kabin has a porch with 2-person swing, a fire ring, and a picnic table so bring a table and chairs if you want somewhere else to sit. Bring a power strip if you need more than 2 plugs because that is all you will have otherwise.

Bathrooms: These were very clean. Each shower is in a separated stall with the shower separate from a small standing area within that private stall. You can put your stuff in the separate standing area and close the shower curtain to keep that little area completely dry-very nice in my opinion. I would have liked to see a place within the actual shower part of my stall to put my stuff so I didn't have to open the curtain every time I needed something. Good water pressure and no problems keeping the water hot. Only a 50 yard walk from our Kabin.

We used the pool one time the second stay. It is not heated, but we didn't mind since it was 95 degrees when we arrived. The grounds are extremely well kept with extremely wide drives. We witnessed a very large big rig being driven through the grounds and the driver had no trouble navigating through the wide drives on the grounds. One of the workers even drove out ahead of them in a golf cart to help them park in their site. The grounds were full but it was overall very quiet. This KOA is 5 minutes from the Interior Entrance to Badlands National Park and 10 minutes south of I-90 - very convenient for our time in the Badlands at the beginning of our trip. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap and well-run place to stay with a friendly atmosphere. For about $70 per day for 2 people including our Kabin, on-site breakfast and dinner meals, ice, and everything else, this value is unbelievable. Best place we stayed during the trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jefflangenberg

Been to Badlands/ White River KOA? Share your experiences!