“My Manager Loved His Stay”
Review of Step Back Inn

Step Back Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Aztec B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“My Manager Loved His Stay”
Reviewed April 19, 2006

After calling and trying to book a room for my manager and not getting any room availability because of a convention going on, I finally tried this hotel and the person who answered the phone was very courteous and informed me that rooms were available. After I hung up, I hoped I had made the right decision.

My manager just now sent me e-mail expressing to me that is was a pleasant suprise to walk into the room to find it decorated in Victorian style. The room was clean and the people at the front desk were GREAT!!! All in all it made my manager happy and if he's happy, I'm happy. He will definately ask me to book this hotel for him again when he's in the area and since I work for 6 other managers, I will be booking them here also.

Stayed April 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 18, 2005

I had two excellent stays at the Step Back Inn. Rooms were very homey, staff extremely friendly and helpfull. The whole place is focused on the history of the area. My room was comfortable and clean, the homemade cinammon rolls in the morning are beyond any expectations. Location off a main road but not in a clogged area. Would highly recommend!!!

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lunenburg, MA
Reviewed July 14, 2005

We were only a few days into a 25-day tour of the Four Corners region when we arrived at the Step Back Inn. I knew immediately upon entering the room that it would be my favorite motel of the trip. The furniture was real Victorian style, not "motel style", the bedspreads were attractive and there were real photographs hanging on the wall. Unfortunately when I pulled the blankets back on the first bed, the sheets and pillowcases were covered with hair! Yuck! We were all horrified, so my husband explained the situation to the woman at the front desk. She offered us a new room or a new set of sheets to change our own bed. Since all 4 of us had already showered and settled in for the evening, we decided to change the sheets ourselves. However, upon examining the second bed I discovered that it, too, was full of hair. The chambermaid had made up two dirty beds! We decided to take her up on her offer for a new room and had to move all of our stuff across the hall. The desk clerk was as horrified as we were and assured us that the girl at the desk in the morning would "take care of us". Well, of course the new person in the morning knew nothing about our fiasco and we ended up paying full price for the room.

Conclusion: This is a pretty, quaint place to stay, but please check your bed before climbing in!

• Stayed June 2005
14 Thank Michele013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aztec
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Aztec Farmington North
#2 of 2 in Bloomfield
The Region Inn
The Region Inn
#11 of 23 in Farmington

Been to Step Back Inn? Share your experiences!