“Best Thai food I've ever had, anywhere!”
Review of Karn Thai Cafe

Karn Thai Cafe
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Aztec
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We went to Boon's in Farmington, not in Aztec, but it was the best Thai food I've ever had -- and I've had Thai all over the U.S. (San Francisco, Berkely, Chicago, New York, etc.). The panang curry and tom kha ghai was so good that we're taking it back to our hotel to eat for breakfast! My husband had beef pad prik king and it was also delicious. The restaurant was very clean, the service was excellent, the food was amazing, and the thai iced coffee was, in my husband's words, "perfect."

2  Thank Malea-n-Michael

Reviewed May 11, 2010

I ate lunch here May 11th 2010 and the experience was simply great. A co-worker and I has the Lotus Heaven (a generic name, but great lightly fried and spicy chicken with vegetables) and Panang Curry spicy (little swelling of the lips, a little sweat on the forehead nice... chicken with peas, green and red peppers, in the oh so good sauce). Strangely Rice ( white jasmine) was an additional $1.25 which I thought was implied that business is slow and they need it to get by). Thai Iced Tea was freshly brewing when we walked in the door, and that was a special treat ( and it tasted as good as it smelled). It was a little pricey for lunch at $33 for two, but we did also have the fantastic Coconut Shrimp as an appetizer. I am glad to find a decent Thai place in a smaller town, and will come back for my next visit.

1  Thank CaptainCoffey
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Great Thai food in an unexpected location. The Tom Ka Kai was incredibly fresh and delicious. Pork rib special was also excellent. Obvious that care went into the selection of ingredients and preparation. The flavors are so redolent of Thailand that we were sorry our stomachs were not larger!

1  Thank dgojill
Reviewed September 22, 2007

Super food and service in a small but attractive little downtown restaurant in the small town of Aztec, NM (12 miles east of Farmington, NM). We had the Pad Thai Noodles and Green Curry with Shrimp; both were excellent. Very nice selection of beers and wines; unexpected in such a small place. Even though we had no reservation, we got very attentive, prompt and happy service. This place would do well in a much larger town; we wish they would move to our town! --Dennis and Skye Ridley, Salida CO

Been to Karn Thai Cafe? Share your experiences!