“Great Food, Great Value, Great Service!”

Assateague Crab House
Ranked #8 of 63 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open weekends!
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our family of 10 were camping in the State Park and all went to the ACH for dinner! They got the crabs in the pot right away b/c we had young kids. The size of the crabs were decent. My husband and I split the seafood feast for two and we were pleasantly surprised with the amount and quality of the food! We are big seafood people and everything was great. It was affordable to take 10 people out to a seafood dinner as well! We will be back!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Everything else tasted frozen, or prepared yesterday. A pity too, as the location is excellent and they really could with minimal effort have better food.

2  Thank OranVa
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We ate here during our recent visit to Ocean City. The restaurant was recommended to us by a friend. I was a little skeptical at first about the size of the crabs we would receive since it was considered "all you can eat". We were plesantly surprised once we received the first batch of crabs. The crabs were mostly medium sized with a few large and a couple smalls mixed in. The snow crab legs were delicious!!!! The corn was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The staff were very friendly and provided top notch service. The kids enjoyed their kids meals and we all had a nice time overall.

I would definitely visit here again during my next trip to the ocean.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We ate here as it was close to the national campground, and were blown away by the crab cakes. They were literally the best I have ever eaten. Also, my son has a peanut allergy and they cook him a separate batch in canola oil instead of the usual peanut oil, just so he could try crab cakes.A big thank you to the kitchen manager. We also had the all you can eat steamed crab legs and shrimp. They were fresh and plentiful. I loved the spices they used for the shrimp. The service and price also can not be beat. We were seated within 15mins on a Saturday night without a reservation. Place is also neatly decorated and one could spend some time studying the decor. We will def. be back when in the area. A must eat place.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was skeptical to bring my family here based on several negative reviews that I read about the wait staff being rude and the long wait times to get your order. Since we have 3 young children, we usually visit restaurants that have fast service and great, quality food. I tell you what, the Assateague Crab House totally blew us away! Not only was the wait staff very friendly, but the food was served quickly. Granted, we ordered the all you can eat snow crab legs (didn't order the blue crabs since we eat those all the time being that we live in MD) which came with shrimp, fried chicken, corn, and cole slaw, so one would expect that these items would be ready to serve within minutes of ordering. The food was amazing! I usually opt not to eat fried chicken at all you can eat restaurants since I'd rather fill my tummy with seafood, but I ate a chicken breast and it was the most tender and moistest chicken I have ever had. The snow crab legs and shrimp were cooked perfectly...not over done so the shells separated from the meat easily. (Oh man, that fried chicken was soooo good!) The corn was sweet and the coleslaw creamy and tasty. Did I mention that the fried chicken was excellent?!! I ate a few fries from my kids' platters, too, and the fries were great. Sweet dinner rolls were brought out shortly after our platters were served and I usually try not to eat those either since they're just fillers that take us space in my tummy that should be occupied by seafood (and their yummy fried chicken). But, I tried one, which soon turned into 2 1/2 (ate one of my kids' half eaten rolls)....they weren't warm, but, man, they were so sweet and fluffy that it was difficult to stop at one roll. Add some buttah to that bad and you got yourself a tasty treat! Definitely an excellent place to go if you want some seafood (AND FRIED CHICKEN!) and the place is family friendly. Whenever we go back to Assateague Island National Seashore, we will definitely stop by there for dinner again. Man, I still can't get over fried chicken....it was sooooo good!! Masarap for those that understand tagalog.