“Had our Wedding Reception there”

Castaways RV Resort & Campground
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just had our wedding reception at Castaways this past weekend (8/17/13). The events coordinator and manager were awesome! Extremely helpful and worked with us on alot of things. This place is a little more spendy compared to other campgrounds but has some great amentities! I would definitely suggest going to the campground a couple times before any event held there just to walk through things and make sure everything is exactly how you want. My family came from out of state and had a blast staying there. I would definitely recommend to others!

THANKS CASTAWAYS!!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the cottages for groups of 6 versus the camper, much more roomy!
There are newer reviews for Castaways RV Resort & Campground

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very clean and friendly. Much activities for children.Spotless bath houses. BUT :

Speed is an issue !!!! The speed limit is not enforced at all. If you have young children that like to ride their bike ,just beware. I've seen sites with 3 dogs and even cats. It is loud late at night with golf carts going around with the music playing and led lights on . The airport is also a downside , it is 1000' feet away from the campground , traffic is day in day out . We left on the 14 th of august coming back home with a pitstop in Lake George at Great Escape , wowwwwww how quiet it was. For the price we paid , we did not appreciate having to pay extra for WiFi , its the first time I had to pay extra for it. Will not go back unless I buy a golf cart and get a few dogs . Who gives up 10 or 12 camping spots to build a BARK PARK !!!! . Also beach pictures are weird , its alot smaller then it seems.
Regards ,

2  Thank Dany D
CastawaysCampground, General Manager at Castaways RV Resort & Campground, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We do understand not all our guests are crazy about pets-which is why we have strict policies for our pet loving guests. All pets are required to have proper documentation and be leashed at all times. We are known for our pet friendly facilities, so we do indeed attract pet owners who enjoy vacationing with their pets. Golf carts are constantly monitored by our Camp Hosts-I sincerely apologize if some slipped past our security services. Finally, we do indeed offer FREE Wi Fi, we only charge if you need higher bandwidth for streaming movies, etc. Most of our guests are able to use the free option with no problem. Again, thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Castaways was an excellent choice! Clean, well maintained, level sites, very friendly staff, even an island atmosphere complete with a tiki bar on the beach. We stayed for three days and had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: We stayed in lot 10. It was away from the beach but away from the activities with our RV backed to t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a great campground with its own beach, pool, and tiki bar. They have plenty of activities for the under 10 kids but are seriously lacking in activities for teens....they really need to have music or a dance and activities geared for this age. The Speedy checkin is nice,.and the campground and facilities are very clean! Way too many golf carts for my liking but that's just me!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We just left this morning and are planning a return trip before summer ends. We usually travel to all inclusive resorts out of the country and had never been to Ocean City.This resort makes you feel like you are on a tropical island. Beautiful sites,clean facilities, and great food at the beach bar . The live music every night wad an added bonus.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We recently enjoyed a week at Castaways in OC MD. The beach on site is great, the pool is fun for kids and they have everything you would need if you didn't desire to leave the grounds. I read some of the negative reviews about the crowded pool, and segregation (club castaways). What pool in a vacation resort isn't crowded with kids? If you're looking for an adult experience you're in the wrong place, however they DO have Club Castaways for those looking for a quieter section of the park. I will admit that I did feel that everything was on the upper end of expensive, all the way down to the 5.00 they charge for you to wash your dog if he's dirty. :) We would go back.

1  Thank FulltimeTraveler131
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This campground is a little too high for our personal budget, but it is well worth it. My husband and two children stayed in Paradise Cove, which has extremelly large sites. The only down fall is that they are far away from the pool, bay and bathrooms, which they stated on the phone when we made our reservation. We rented a golf cart; therefore it wasn't an issue for us. I actually liked being away from everything. I have a 5 year old who doesn't need a nap and a one year old that needs 1-2 naps a day. What I loved about this campground is that I didn't have to leave b/c there was soo much to do. While my one year old took her nap my husband would take my other daughter to the bay, pool or for one of the many activities that were organized through the campground. One of the highlights for my 5 year old were the large bouncy devices out in the Bay. She played on those things for hours and it was never too crowded. The pool was also nice, but a little small. We attended this campground during the week in July where the heat was unbearable; therefore a lot of people were at the pool. It would be nice to have a little more space.
During my stay I took yoga on the beach and one of the water aerobics classes, which were great. The lady that taught water aerobics was also a staff member that I would see driving around on her golf cart. She was always soo pleasant and nice.
We only stayed 4 nights in July, but just made our reservation for next year for the entire week. As long as they don't continue to raise their prices we are good to go!!!!

Room Tip: Paradise Cove is very quiet and has large sites, but you will need to rent a golf cart.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank healtheducator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Berlin
Comfort Suites Ocean City
#6 of 104 in Ocean City
Comfort Inn Boardwalk
Comfort Inn Boardwalk
#27 of 104 in Ocean City

Been to Castaways RV Resort & Campground? Share your experiences!