WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McLean
Windermere, United States
“Stellar Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel looks great (lobby is beautiful), feels great and is filled with a kind, courteous and helpful staff. Bellmen, lifeguard, servers at Harth and front desk employees all get five stars! AAA discount was helpful and room upgrades are affordable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback! I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and it is an honor to be among the best hotels that you have stayed in! Thank you and I hope to see you at the hotel in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Generally a good hotel... quiet in the rooms, with several places to gather in the lounge and restaurant. Also, good food. There is a convenient coffee bar in the lounge if you don't have time for breakfast in the restaurant. Our bathroom was ok, but could have been a bit more fresh.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff are friendly and helpful, especially Hik at the front desk.

I was upgraded to a corner king away from the atrium. It looked out over the Beltway but I could barely hear the traffic. The room was clean and had excellent amenities and design. Free wi-fi would be nice though I could sometimes get the signal from the lobby.

Breakfast at harth was excellent with a lot of choice. It isn't cheap, at $16.80 for a continental.

The lobby is a great place to relax or print a document at the business centre. The atmosphere is lively and bright but not overwhelming.

The pool was great. Too bad about the limited hours for those of us who like an early morning swim.

Even though the hotel was full and there some big weddings going on, I had no trouble finding parking. Location is convenient to just about everything in Northern Virginia and soon there'll be the subway to D.C. nearby.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Away from the atrium is quieter if you don't mind a longer walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!
Peekskill, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great hotel and a great value. The hotel was easy to get to, clean and modern, free parking, and all around first-class accommodations. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel is a short drive to the Metro station, making it easy to get into Washington, DC. All in all, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was helpful to you. A lot of change is coming to Tysons Corner, and the Metro system is one of the biggest changes! You mentioned the hotel being a quick drive away from the metro, coming in 2014 the metro will be even closer, right in our backyard! The Silver Line metro will be introduced at the beginning of next year. This will give our guests easier access to the metro and getting to and from DC! I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Midwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I visited this property for two nights for a conference. Upon visiting the front desk, I was given a warm welcome that included an explanation of Starwood gold amenities at the property and vouchers for free breakfast. Upon entering my room, I was pleased to find modern furnishings such as a flat screen television and a comfortable sofa by the window (the view wasn't the best, as it featured a parking lot and the highway). The room also included a minibar with various options, coffee/tea service, iron/ironing board, etc. The room was clean and appeared to have been renovated somewhat recently. The bed was comfortable. The shower provided good water pressure. The hotel seemed very capable of handling a conference with ease while addressing guest requests. I would definitely stay here again. Please note that I would recommend having a car at your disposal for a stay here. The hotel is located near some premier shopping -- Neiman Marcus, etc. -- so that may be a fun diversion while you are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Tysons Corner. I'm glad you touched on a few of the in-room amenities that we have. We recently transfered over to Peter Thomas Roth bath products, which have been a great hit! Although we do not have a "minibar," we do have a mini refridgerator and coffee/tea maker for our guests to use. Our renovation implemented a new guest room model that removed a lot of the clutter and focused on a clean and crisp new look. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Reserved a king size room through the Hilton website. I applied for an upgrade when I made the reservation. It seemed reasonable. The room price was the same, as the other discount services; I figured my chances of being upgraded were better going with Hilton. We were upgraded when we checked into the hotel. Our room was on the top floor. Room 970. It did not have a pretty view, but I'm not sure there is anything special to look at in this location. The black out curtains worked beautifully. The bed was very comfortable. In fact, the room appointments were very fancy and worked. There were several different lighting settings that you could control by the bedside. The clock/radio also served as an iPod dock. I had asked for a walk in shower, it was huge and beautiful. The vanity was large. Plenty of room for two to put out their toiletries. My favorite part, about the bathroom, was there was a separate light for the shower that could be dimmed. It was the PERFECT night light! I can honestly say if every hotel room was this nice and well appointed, traveling would be a lot more pleasant. The only thing strange was house keeping did not come and clean the room. I'm sure someone would have come if I had asked. Or maybe there was a do not disturb button I pushed. The battery on our door look had to be charged. We were locked out for awhile. The matience man was quick and curtious. Perhaps housekeeping could not get Into the room. Another plus with the upgrade were the meal vouchers. We used them for breakfast both days. The price of the voucher does not cover the price of all you can eat buffet, but it brings the price down to something reasonable. All in all it was a great stay and a fine hotel.
The fitness room is nice and looks out onto the indoor pool. It loved that you dine not feel like you were in a basement. Only gripe the TV reception was fuzzy and there were not many channels. If there were headphones available I did not find them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to give us your unbiased feedback. I truly appreciate all guest feedback and I take every comment into consideration when looking at our overall operation here at Hilton McLean. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room. Personally, I also enjoy the new restrooms. They are spacious and I love the design of the vanity and showers. I apologize that housekeeping did not come to clean your guest room, I will follow up with this personally as well as the issue with the lock on the door. Thank you for being patient with the challenges you had during your stay. In addition, thank you for the comments in regards to the televisions. I will also look into this and ensure that reception is clear in all guest rooms. Thank you!
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

All staffs were quite nice and warm. Especially Mr.Von. As everybody knows, kindness is gold, which they practiced there. Above all, Perhaps this hotel can represent the high quality of human resouses.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for your kind review. It always puts a smile on my face to hear that our staff are providing you with an experience that every guest deserves. I hope to welcome you back to Hilton McLean in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near McLean
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
#4 of 15 in Falls Church
Tysons Corner Marriott
Tysons Corner Marriott
#5 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!