“Convenient, great staff”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McLean
Atlanta, Georgia
“Convenient, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overall this was a wonderful stay. I was in the area on business and I loved that they had a shuttle to take me to-and-from the office. Throw in the fact that they're incredibly close to both of the Tyson's malls and you'd be hard-pressed to beat the convenience.

The staff here is amazing. I think it helps that they're literally next door to the Hilton HQ, but I didn't come across a single person who wasn't polite, helpful and just plain nice. I ate by myself a few times, which normally I absolutely hate, but they made me feel very comfortable, like I had known them for years and was a regular guest.

Speaking of food - it was delicious! Prices are high, but that's to be expected in a hotel. The bartender was very nice and I was impressed with how many folks gathered there in the evenings. Even with the number of guests at the bar, you never waited long and, if you wanted some quiet time in your room, the noise never reaches your room.

I wish I'd done my research ahead of time so I'd packed for the various amenities they offered, such as a pool and gym. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback! I especially appreciate the comments about the staff. It always brings a smile to my face to hear that our staff are friendly, polite, and accomodating. A big thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, it really does help us when looking at areas we are doing well in, but most importantly, how we can improve. Thank you so much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Pennsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I loved this property. The unique decor struck me as soon as I walked in. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They have a new fancy lock system on the guest room doors, that I hadn't used before. Turns out I just needed to waive the key in front of the door lock. They have shuttle service within the local area, which is perfect b/c there is a mall close by. But, if it's busy, you may need to wait for a bit. The bar seemed to have alot of action, and the appetizers at the bar area were a nice size. The meeting space is very nice and the catering food was delicous. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! It's so nice to hear feedback in regards to our banquet services as well as your personal stay. Also, thank you for the comment about the shuttle service. I am always happy to hear unbiased feedback, and I will look into the wait issue. Thank you again!
Newport News
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a business group meeting and enjoyed the experience. My room was clean and relaxing. I used the internet in the room and found it to be acceptable although pricey. I had a drink in the lobby bar and enjoyed the ambiance and vibe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Appealing lobby bar and restaurant, breakfast was a wonderful selection of traditional items along with fresh fruit and house made bread. The room was well appointed, clean and despite being close to the elevators, it was very quiet. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Check out the special 'Shop 'til you drop' package that includes a BOGO breakfast that makes it a deal!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a great Hilton property, it is located in a business district, but there are so many things to do in a 2 minute drive - the hotel staff is some of the best I have had and the room was just awesome.

This hotel is located right by Hilton Headquarters so they keep the place top notch! But for your benefit! Driving to the hotel is super easy and about 15-20 minutes to Washington D.C. with a few tolls (FYI). It is more of a suburban area allowing for driving to be much easier and more relaxing!

The room was large with some of the best decor I have seen in a Hilton. The staff in every aspect was caring and willing to answer your questions. The front desk staff was always busy when I walked by, but they were so calm and collected willing to help at the drop of a hat. The little gift shop has everything you need and parking is ample! and free!

The restaurant staff is just awesome - the hostess was amazing! The food was just awesome and the breakfast spread was so nice!

Great job team! This is the hotel to stay at!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Thank you! This is an outstanding review and I am so appreciative of your comments! It is an honor to be called the best Hilton. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, and exceed your expectations once again.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you don't have to stay in downtown D.C. for business, you won't find a place to stay on the outskirts of town where you'll be more comfortable or eat better or be adjacent to a shopping mecca than at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. The restaurant is a marvel, featuring organic and locally grown ingredients served in an architecturally inventive setting.

Room Tip: The higher the better for views of Virginia.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Shocked to discover its only heat or air conditioning. There last week couldn't get my room temp below 74 which made it tough getting ready for work and cooling down after a workout! Other guests commented on it too. They brought me a floor fan which was noisy but helped. Won't stay there again until its on ac for the season. The gym is nice but you need to be there by 5.15 or won't get a machine - not enough equipment and needless to say its too hot in there as well. Lovely restaurant and breakfast is pricey but their yogurt parfait delish.

Room Tip: Away from atrium is best the bar noise and elevator bell sounds really travel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you choosing our location during your recent trip to the area and I want you to know that I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you were here. I will be sure to take your comments into consideration as we are continuously working to improve our guests' satisfaction. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you return soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near McLean
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#4 of 140 in Washington DC
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,064 reviews
Georgetown
Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!