New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McLean
Staunton
“Beautiful renovation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times over the past 2 decades and was nervous that I would not like the changes brought about by the recent updates here. What a wonderful surprise to find that the property is indeed more amazing.

I love to check in and then visit the lobby bar and this one is plush, peaceful and ultra-classy. The arrangement of sofas, chairs and tables create a cozy atmosphere with plenty of seating choices. I liked the bar menu selection which offered sliders and light fare for which I considered reasonably priced for a posh hotel in this pricey metro area ($11-$16, I believe) There are separate areas behind the main lobby area where guests can watch HUGE screen TVs and have access to computers--very inviting areas & nooks.

The newly re-decorated rooms are sleek and modern--pristinely fresh appearing.

Every staff person from the front desk personnel to the maintenance & housekeeping staff made a point to smile and say hello.

The hotel restaurant is gorgeous and has a bright, yet pleasantly cozy aura. Breakfast bar with the best I have ever relished at any Hilton property---from the food selection & quality to the awesome presentation. The only minor thing I didn't care for was that the waiters seemed to overly hover a bit. It was clear that they did not want any guest to be left waiting or wanting for anything but I did feel a bit uncomfortable as I felt I was being watched as I took each bite! It wasn't particularly busy at 9:30 on a workday so perhaps the staff wasn't as busy as normal.

This hotel mainly attracts people conducting business in the D.C. area but I recommend this Hilton for anyone who can come visit on a Friday or Saturday night when the rates drop considerably. It is a perfect place to take one's daughter(s) for a shop-to-you drop experience at the two Tysons shopping malls within almost a stone's throw from the hotel--plus they will shuttle you back and forth to the malls. This was a yearly adventure for me and my girls when they were in their adolescent to college-age years!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for this great review! Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the years, we truely value your loyalty and hope that we can continue to give you an outstanding experience! Speaking of shopping, our shop-till-you-drop package offers a Tysons Corner coupon book with increadible savings at Tysons! Perfect for a shopping trip with your daughters! I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Essex Fells, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a great property for families with young children who want to stay in a quiet area near the malls and shopping areas. The renovated rooms were nicely decorated with clean and modern looks and the staff was very patient and accommodating during my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms as they are significantly larger than regular rooms. No difference in room siz...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Amazing Las Vegas-style hotel. I stayed there from December 27-30. Newly renovated, everything is new, clean, comfortable, and very quite. Big lobby with computers for those who want to access the internet (WiFi is a surcharge). Bathroom is super clean and the room is very big with small couch. The hotel is about 20-30 minutes drive from The Mall in downtown DC.

The would only warn those who tend to get cold; the heat does not go above 75 degrees! Don't ask me why! However, if you call the front desk they'll bring an electric heater that's very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Viva las Hilton! Thank you for this great review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel, and I am thrilled to hear such kind words. Our tech lounge is perfect to access the internet for those who did not bring their laptop or tablet, and internet in the lobby and tech lounge area is free of charge. I apologize for the room being a little bit too cold, I am happy though, that our staff brought you a heater to solve the challenge. Thank you for this review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is up-to-date with all of its lobby decor and rooms. I booked through hotels.com and got a great price. A few minor issues: when I booked, the customer service rep from Hotels.com put in the notes that it was for our wedding night before & night of. This info did not get communicated to the Hilton staff. When I checked in, the front desk tried to put me in a room with 2 double-beds, saying they had no queen or king beds. I explained that it was for our wedding and all of a sudden, they had a king room. Had room service for breakfast twice and it was good. The waiter the 1st morning though was rude. I left him a nice tip and he had the nerve to come back asking for the cents on the bill! He did not speak English well and must have been confused. The hotel staff was very accommodating the day of our wedding. Though we did not have our actual wedding at the hotel, since we had many guests staying there, we were allowed to use the common areas for some family pictures. The pictures turned out beautiful in the different hotel areas. Free parking and plenty of it. Overall, very satisfied with our 2-day stay. Rooms were very comfy and nice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your wedding! And thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy that you shared your special occasion with us. I'm sorry about the front desk experience, I will be sure to follow up with this and make sure all information is communicated properly. I would also like to apologize for the challenge in harth. I have also followed up with this personally. Thank you again for this great review and I hope you and your husband had an amazing wedding day!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

If you're looking for a hotel with a lot of excitement and socializing, this is definitely NOT the place. This hotel is neatly tucked away from the hustle and bustle and is very quiet. Close to shopping and restaurants on Route 7 and a real quick car ride away from either Tysons mall and Dulles Airport.

The hotel does have some shortcomings. First off, no Valet. Second, no bellman service. I came here for a little vacation with my fiancé and had several bags between us. I had to get a luggage cart myself and unload our bags (and then load them again on our departure). Being on vacation, having a bellman as well as valet car service would've been really nice.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, and choosing to stay with us for your getaway with your fiancee. I apologize for the challenges that you experienced during your stay. I can completely understand the items you highlighted and take all guests comments into consideration. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back in the future!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Good trendy and chic hotel located right by 2 excellent malls for shopping . Staff is not friendly at all, actually some where kind of rude and also sent me to other staff members to get my questions answered. Nice menu selection in bar and restaurant however decorations were kind of dusty and appeared not to have been dusted in awhile.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank whytraveldotcom
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your review! First, I would like to sincerely apologize if any of our staff were rude to you during your stay. I will be sure to follow up with this personally. We take our guests comments very seriously and I will be sure to make note of this. I would like for another opportunity to make an even better impression on your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed one night here this past week while attending a company Christmas party in the same area. The building is older, but the interior, including the rooms, have all been updated. The bar area in the main entrance is quite nice. Modern, classy, and designed for socializing. Reminded me of the Living Room in many of the W hotels. Harth, the in-house restaurant, is a MUST do! Amazing food at reasonable prices. The rooms were great, too. No complaints at all. Looking forward to staying here again next time I'm in McLean.

Room Tip: Get a room off on one of the wings so you don't hear all the noise from the bars that filters up...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We look forward to welcoming you back, Sted! Thank you for staying with us, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly reinvented hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near McLean
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
#4 of 15 in Falls Church
Tysons Corner Marriott
Tysons Corner Marriott
#5 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!