“Great Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in McLean
NE Ohio
“Great Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend on a trip to DC from OH. My husband is a Diamond Level Hilton Honors member and we were given a bunch of complimentary appetizer and breakfast coupons since the Executive Lounge was under renovation. The food in the restaurant there is DELICOUS!!!! I'm not normally a fan of hotel restaurants, but this one was out of this world! The room, the lobby, the restauarant...basically anything I could see (part of the hotel was cordoned off for renovations) was beautiful. The staff was wonderfully accomodating, and the parking was ample and free. The only negative was getting to and from the hotel onto the nearby expressways. There were a ton of orange barrels when we were there, but that's not the hotel's fault. I would DEFINITELY recommend!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Mom2Monkeys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Goldens Bridge, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We came here for a quick DC getaway, and have stayed here a few times before, because of the location and great weekend deal. The hotel was very recently renovated, and we could not have been more impressed. It has the look and feel of a very high end sophisticated urban hotel. Breakfast, which is complimentary to gold members, was fantastic! Try the chocolate bread, and the juice chasers. Beautiful pool, accommodating staff. Can't ask for any better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank europhile105
Hershey, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond VIP. While the staff was accomodating and friendly, it took 3 "moves" to a room where the AC finally worked! Apparently one side of the hotel is always warm and the HVAC system does not work properly! The rooms are nice but really need a makeover. The price is crazy! For the amount that you spend on these rooms, I was expecting something spectacular. The rooms are so much nicer at the Westin Alexandria, VA. That is where I stay all the time now. I am only Gold with Starwood but am working on Platinum. Sorry Hilton! You need to come up to speed and do some redecorating if you want this business traveler's business!

Room Tip: I've been told they are in the process of renovating! Great news! Wish I had known this. Make...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I get the impression that no expense was spared in the renovation of this hotel. The public areas and rooms are superbly appointed. I reckon this is a better renovation than the flagship Washington Hilton near Dupont Circle where I stayed before coming here. It was nice to see that the investment extended to new equipment in the fitness room: so many decent hotels are let down by having old, inoperable or otherwise inadequate fitness gear. With an evening flight out of Dulles the front desk staff were super helpful in giving me a late checkout. I was only here for one night but I guess for longer stays a car would be useful as there's not much to do within walking distance (except a big shopping mall if that's your thing). Of the many Hiltons in which I stay during the course of a year, this definitely ranks as one of the best in terms of infrastructure and service and is a bargain at weekends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SouventTATL
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Hilton McLean. It is a very easy cab ride from Dulles Airport. I had a newly renovated room, and it was very nice. The finishes were top-notch. I also had great experiences in the lobby bar during several nights of my stay. The bar tender was extremely professional and even remembered my name from one day to the next. I highly recommend the hand carved turkey sandwich. The bacon jam was a unique and delicious touch. I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in McLean!

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Flagler Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a very nice hotel and is situated close to the airport and close to DC. The rooms and facilties could not be nicer plus the restaurant had a wonderful Sunday brunch. There is even a large parking lot in back that is free parking. Called for room service breakfast one morning and it was prompt and good. Nothing not to like and would have given it 5 stars except for problems in reservations even though I had booked three rooms. I resolved the problem on-line and just ignored the hotel reservation people.

Room Tip: I had three different rooms and they all were similar and nice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
StephSnap, Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thanks for the feedback and I'm so sorry to hear of your reservations issues. If you have more information to share we would love to follow up.

We really appreciate your follow up.

Our shuttle will take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius which will give you access to numerous shops and restaurants.

Looking forward to having you back.
Newburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I got tickets to a show nearby the area, not close to home, figured a place simply to be close,was I wrong. The hotel was wonderful. The room was fantastic, very spacious, (not sure about the glass shower).
Lighting was controled from either room, nice touch. The bed, well I slept until 11:00am,it was great. The location is great, shopping nearby with all kinds of stores. I passed on that experience. THe lobby was open and spacious, loved the glass lifts. Only complaint was that I only had one night there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank schoolcop
Also consider these accommodations in or near McLean
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
The Westin Tysons Corner
The Westin Tysons Corner
#4 of 15 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 588 reviews

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!