“What a letdown :(”

The Greek Taverna
Ranked #18 of 138 Restaurants in McLean
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“What a letdown :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I really hate to write a bad review, so I won't. Instead let me say this. The place was very clean.It is a Fri. eve just before the rush I think we were just in the wrong place/time for excessive ambiance. As for the food I had scallops special (5? Really?) The salad was bagged not Greek and the size was puny.
On the good side was great bread and appetizer of Feta and olive was good.
I didn't go for salad and bread:( The meal was so average and I had water so the cost of $36 plus tip was sad for average. As the crowd gathered it looked like a local hangout for Mediterranean displaced to DC area. So if you're Greek you just might love it. As far as I am concerned I was disappointed but as reviews go I am obviously in minority. So go ahead but don't say you weren't advised. :)

Prince George, Virginia
“Some nice authentic Greek food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and I took my mother to the Greek Taverna, one of her favorite restaurants in Northern Virginia. Having been to Greece, we truly have an appreciation for authentic Greek food. Well, the Greek Taverna will not disappoint. All three of us enjoyed our meals and totally enjoyed our servers, two young girls from Greece and Turkey. They were both delightful and added to our enjoyment of the dining experience. If you are in Northern Virginia, the Greek Taverna should be a must culinary outing!

• Visited January 2014
McLean, VA
“You Could Be in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I love this restaurant and have for decades. Food is excellent. The. Founders and owners still run it and always make guests welcome.

Visited December 2013
Rockville, MD
“A great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Not a Greek food fan before trying this restaurant with friends. We were not rushed at all while waiting for our 5th person. I had the Ellini Salad (not sure of spelling) with Salmon. I'm not sure what was in the grapes leaves on the side but it was delicious. The bread was really fresh with caraway seeds, I believe.

The owner came around several times during our visit. She was very helpful with the wine selection. I love that it was crowded but we never felt hurried. I will definitely go back and recommend it to friends.

Visited November 2013
Sittard, The Netherlands
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

In september 2013 under the grapes enjoyed a nice lunch. Owner and waiters were very friendly, the menu was very good so was the food. I would have liked a Greek coffee but we had no time.

Visited September 2013