“Sunny and Serene”

Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Are you tired of yelling to make yourself heard in a restaurant? The Greek Taverna is the perfect antidote! I love to take out-of-town guests there for a casual dinner: I know we'll be greeted like "family" and treated to a consistently good meal. The bread is delicious, the small salad (included) is refreshing, and the specials are usually good picks. The lamb with orzo cooked in a clay pot is supreme comfort food, and the trout--simply grilled and finished with olive oil--is excellent. The atmosphere is unfussy, and the dining room manages to look sunny even on the dullest day. If only the coffee were a bit stronger...but the golden yellow cups are lovely!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Greek Taverna is among the best Greek restaurants at which I have ever eaten -- and I have been to a lot of them, including in Athens and the Greek Islands. It far outshines others, including some that are highly rated by magazines. The shiskebab is fantastic -- seasoned beautifully with so much flavor. The lamb is the highest quality - no fat or gristle. The fish is done excellently as well, as were the appetizers I have had. I particularly recommend the fried zucchini -- done so lightly as to almost float off the plate -- and the fried calimari. And the baklava, which is made at the restaurant, can't be beat -- though one is enough for two servings. The service is very friendly and knowledgeable -- they treat you like family. This has become a favorite restaurant.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was with a club and there were 6 of us. We were served well and the food was excellent. I had the lamb kabob and it was delicious. The place is cheery and sunny and quiet and great to meet folks for lunch or dinner. While it is on a busy street, in the good weather they have an outdoor area with a grape arbor overhead that provides some shade and makes for a relaxing atmosphere with friends. They don't rush you. Cost is really reasonable as well. A local favorite.

1  Thank Gail C
Reviewed April 11, 2013

It's hard to make a family of six happy but everyone loved their choices and there were no left overs!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I think I've driven by this place a dozen times but finally stopped in with a friend in early March. It was quiet inside, nicely decorated with Greek accents. The staff was very efficient and friendly, willing to be conversational and laugh with you.

All of the food was delicious. The dip sampler was great and everything was clearly made in-house. I had a lamb with lemon sauce special and my friend had fish. Everything was well-seasoned and the portions were generous!

I'm going to have to stop driving by this place and start stopping more often!