“Bruschetta!”

Pulcinella Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Pulcinella Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 139 Restaurants in McLean
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Norfolk, Virginia
“Bruschetta!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Bruschetta wasn't on the menu but when we mentioned how much we liked it especially this time of year with the fresh farmer produce. A very nice waitress asked the very accommodating Chef who then made us a delicious plateful of dripping garlic bread covered in fresh tomatoes and basil. It became dessert!

Visited July 2013

Vienna, Virginia
“Good Family Restaurant”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have dined at Pulcinella for the past 10 years. This is a good reliable family restaurant. Great wood oven pizza & pasta. Nothing fancy. Easy on a weeknight.

Visited April 2013
“Hit and miss”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Nice dining atmosphere, though one of us didn't care for checkered tablecloths (but they are subdued.) The Pulcinella character theme pervades. Service was generally good, though one of the waitresses mumbled. Food was delivered speedily, with good home-made bread preceding.

Plus: pizza, lasagna, french fries(!).

Minus: chicken parmigiana sandwich - bread only okay, meat was not fresh - kind of heavy, thin and dry, with lots of breading. Bread within bread - not a good idea. Beer on tap not cold or fresh enough.

Salad very good at first blush, but overweighted with basalmic, so it didn't hold up. Should have interspersed the bread with the salad.

• Visited July 2013
McLean
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently had dinner at this restaurant and was very disappointed by the quality of the food. I was there 2 months ago and had the mussels in white sauce which was very good. I ordered the same dish the other night and linguini seemed to be swimming in cooking oil, not olive oil. My husband ordered the pizza and he remarked that it was the worse pizza that he ever had. He complained to me that it was sweet. It was because of the sweet peppers used as a topping. Maybe there should be better oversight to improve the consistency in the preparation of the food.

• Visited June 2013
Oakton, Virginia
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I picked this restaurant based on earlier reviews for a dinner with a friend before going to a play at the Alden Center because I enjoy Italian food. We were seated at probably the worst table in the place, by the bar and the entrance to the kitchen, so lots of traffic past our table. However, the traffic did not include our server stopping to check on us--very minimal service here. I ordered my favorite Italian eggplant parmesan with spaghetti. The overcooked eggplant came in a small casserole dish with the spaghetti in another small dish--an odd presentation. My companion had a pasta dish that she did not finish, as it was not very good. We asked for parmesan cheese and were pointed to a shaker on the table. For the price, it was a very mediocre dinner. There were lots of customers but I won't be going there again.

• Visited February 2013