“Fresh and good”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Excellent lunch had at this restaurant. The lunch special portions on sushi and sashimi are very good and very fresh. Sushi rice cooked perfectly. Cute little place with nice atmosphere and good service.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I really love this place; it’s small and provides great food. I live in the area and it was such a great find because the other sushi restaurants in McLean are not very good. We always go for the specialty rolls. The only irritation is that the staff is not the most attentive. If you want a refill on your drink or to get the check, it’s hard to get their attention. That's the only reason I didn't give this place a 5 rating. Love the sushi!

Reviewed May 26, 2010

Excellent sushi and shasimi. Tuna and inagi are especially good and the restaurant offers a wide variety of rolls that are excellent. If you love oriental food, and especially the Japanese version, you will appreciate Miyagi's presentations.

1  Thank BigBadBruce
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Whoops. First visit to Miyagi and two of our four diners were later sick with food poisoning, from what we guess was the spicy tuna roll. Won't be back.

1  Thank Carrie R
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Avoid this place if you are looking for an even modestly relaxed meal or want to make conversation with your dinner partner. If the place gets busy, they will hustle you out after a half hour.
I was a fairly regular customer for many years, seemed reasonable quality for reasonable price, and very handy to where I live. As such believed my face was not unknown as a regular to staff.
At my most recent visit, was with a pal and the plan was dinner and catching up a bit. Appetizers and main course came very quickly, indeed they came one on top of the other as if we were expected to eat it all at once. Mind you -- we are not pokey eaters -- the food part of the occasion was "finished" in 30 minutes. As we were never offered a refill of water or tea, the check was presented shortly thereafter. Moments later, we were asked to please move over to the counter, in a way that indicated we had overstayed our welcome. I was surprised at this because by my clock, we had been seated all of about 35 minutes.
As we'd arrived earlier and the small restaurant had filled up in the interim, I could understand their urge turn over their tables....but why is this the customer's fault? I am not obtuse to such situations and I'm sure we would have left within 5 - 10 minutes anyway -- well short of a full "dinner hour." But it offended me to be rushed through dinner that way and then given a coded request to leave. Whatever the value of their food, I leave it for others while I avail of alternatives where one is not so rushed and pushed out the door.

2  Thank gloNova