“GREAT Happy Hour!”

J.Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J.Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 140 Restaurants in McLean
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 123
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips & Carrot Cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for weekend lunch, dinner 7 days a week & Sunday Brunch. Reservations are recommended.
Fairfax, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT Happy Hour!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice upscale restaurant and bar with a great happy hour. I sometimes go hear with large groups of coworkers and the service is still great!

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Over priced over cooked steaks”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I had been meaning to come for ages and finally booked with friends and family. The staff were very friendly, the cocktails excellent and menu extensive. Our server was very knowledgable and I chose a rib eye, the king of steaks to be cooked medium rare. Now bearing in mind the price, I expected it to be right and although very tasty, my steak was a tad over done - more medium well which was disappointing. I didn't send it back as that would have meant me waiting even longer for my meal. I won't hurry back, I cook steaks better on my grill - I use a thermometer!

Visited July 2013
Reston, Virginia
“Great Service and fairly good food. Our hats off to Nader and Dorna for the very friendly service.”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant an number of times before and I was never impressed with the food greatly until my last visit. We had had reservation were seated immediately upon arrival. The salads were great and our party ordered mainly steaks. The steaks were nicely prepared and the vegetables were good. We were all extremely impressed for the excellent service we received from Nader, our server and Dorna. I think their dedicated service should be recognized by the management. I will eat here again. The food is a little pricey.

• Visited October 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great place to celebrate special occasions”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am in a Women's Bible Study and we share and celebrate special occasions in our lives. We have chosen a variety of places over the years in the McLean area. We really enjoy J. Gilbert's very much. There is a wide variety of menu items to suit all tastes. We like the seating areas and they are especially able to accommodate big groups. The service is always so friendly and professional and they are willing to do separate checks for each of us which is very nice. At lunch I really like the crab soup and the wedge salad. Their wedge salad is one of the best around. They have a variety of great desserts. I especially like the carrot cake. If you are planning a special lunch this is a great place to celebrate.

• Visited October 2013
Arlington, VA
“High End American Lunch”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My latest visit to J. Gilbert's was for a Saturday lunch with my girlfriend. She did not particularly like the food (too salty, bland), but I still think that the restaurants puts out quality American fare. On my last two visits, I have experienced varying degrees of service which seem a little below average for the establishment. On my previous visit, my guest and I were slow to be served and had to remind the host or hostess that our waiter had yet to help us. On my most recent visit, our server David was actually prompt and attentive; however, for some bizarre reason, given the abundance of empty tables, we were seated just underneath a relatively noisy birthday event. Personally, I find the food more than adequate, even for the slightly higher price that they charge. Their lunch specials include a salad/soup and half a sandwich/wrap.

One of these days I would like to actually try their wood-fired steaks, but I have yet to visit the restaurant for dinner, always coming for lunch and once for their Sunday brunch buffet which also quite nice. Overall, I still like the restaurant, but I have noticed little red flags here and there that management may need to address to bring quality up to bar with their price point.

• Visited September 2013