“Never fails to impress”

J.Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
J.Gilbert's Wood-Fired Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 144 Restaurants in McLean
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 123
Description: J. Gilbert's is an "upscale casual" steakhouse serving prime-aged beef cooked over a mesquite wood-fired grill. Guests enjoy various cuts of steak, fresh seafood (including award-winning crab cakes) & other house made favorites like the Maytag Bleu potato chips & Carrot Cake. The cozy atmosphere includes fire side dining, rich wood, brick & soft lighting where you can enjoy a quiet table or host a large party. The extensive martini & wine list offers the perfect compliment to an excellent meal delivered with attentive service. J. Gilbert's is open for weekend lunch, dinner 7 days a week & Sunday Brunch. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Treated my daughter & a friend today & had a wonderful time. I chose my usual favorite of lobster salad with crunchy corn nuts & my guests had a French dipped sandwich with fries and fresh salmon with buttery mashed potatoes w/string beans complimented by walnuts. Since the waiter forgot our appetizer he comped us with dessert--we chose the creme brûlée w/fresh raspberries. The check came to us with cow cookie cutters, a sugar cookie cookie recipe & a $25 off coupon for next time, which they'll surely be!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stumbled upon J. Gilberts with a business colleague while in the Tysons area. In short: great service, excellent atmosphere, convenient location, fantastic food, and extensive wine/drink selections. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My family and I are local to McLean and we've dined here on a fairly regular basis in the past. We always love it, and it really feels different and nicer than your typical chain restaurant. This time in particular, the food was so incredibly flavorful I wanted to eat it all over again even though I was stuffed. So tasty. Elegant and modern atmosphere adds to the experience. Our waiter was charming and helpful, too. Just love it.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Why a place like this survives in a costly enclave like McLean Virginia astounds me. People who live here are assumed to have eaten well and to know what good food is. This is Grade B food at high prices. The drinks should be an embarrassment to the place. It is so dark inside that you could easily fall asleep. Go somewhere else. Your stomach and wallet will thank you.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is the first year our family has dined out for Thanksgiving. We could not have selected a better restaurant or location! Located near the heart of McLean, Virginia, we found the complimentary valet parking welcoming on such a busy day. Once inside, hte maitre'des were warm and friendly as we waited for our tables. Once seated, our server was genuine as he informed our family of the buffet style meal. Though the restaurant was slightly crowded, we were able to find our way easily to the buffet line. We were pleasantly surprised with the amount of food, the types of fare being offered and the taste. At the end of our meal, not only were we satiated, but felt this was the best move we could've made for Thanksgiving. J. Gilbert's is definitely the place to go not only for Thanksgiving, but also for a nice night out. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking the right atmosphere, good food and friendly service.