“If these tables could talk”

Mclean Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 139 Restaurants in McLean
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“If these tables could talk”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This is great local family restaurant/diner. I have had many good breakfasts and lunches here. Always consistent and good. The service staff works hard and do a great job. They recognize and get to know you. You never know who you will see here. With its proximity to the Washington DC power base and info base...if these tables could talk.

1 Thank Scissorkickers

McLean, VA
“We go here every Sunday”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My elderly mom and I go to this restaurant for brunch every Sunday. She is in LOVE with their cheese blintzes. My order varies, but it is always plentiful and well-prepared. I have to disagree with an earlier reviewer who felt the food was not good. We have never had a bad meal.

This place is a marvel. You get there and there's a line out the door, and you're tempted to forget it. But they move people through so efficiently...but you never feel rushed. We are always greeted warmly, and they will give mom a seat if the line is too long, as she cannot stand for a long time.

It's diner food, served just as you would expect. Definitely a neighborhood place--we see the same folks we know every week. We love it.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank lectrongrl
Ohio
“busy restaurant”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Went for breakfast on a Saturday. Accommodated 11 of us quickly. Fast service, old-fashioned serving dishes (like a plate under your bowl), good food, reasonable prices. Great selection for breakfast.

Visited May 2012
Washington, DC
“Very good neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Food is good with good portions. American food with good traditional Greek offerings. Service was very good and efficient. Brought us the bill and take home containers at same time without having to ask for either and we were not rushed out. At least one person constantly watching over operations. a busy place.

Ocala
“Want a good family restaurant”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Not at all fancy, but the food and prices are great. You can expect to feel like you are in a family dining room where every one knows every one. If you have kids you can expect to have someone tell you they are cute. For this you get great food and friendly exceptional service.. I had liver and onions (which I seldom order in a restaurant) and the meal was tremendous. The liver was not over cooked and there was plenty of it. The waitress suggested that I try the pecan pie for desert so I did. It was home made like mom used to make. I would go here again if I am in the area.

• Visited March 2012