“Best lamb in town!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
McLean Virginia
“Best lamb in town!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Nice, friendly neighborhood place that serves the best lamb you may ever eat. Local Persian community loves this place as do I.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Allen M

McLean, VA, USA
“Unexpected Gem”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Foodie friends insist that, obscure location and tight parking aside, this place would be a palate pleaser. It was, and keeps going from there. The buzz is generated by a dynamic young chef, son of the founder who opened the place and developed a steady following. Imagine the chance to get past lamb or beef, the usual middle-Eastern way, and mix the perfectly steamed rice with lean, tender bison. Return trips on the calendar.

1 Thank TuscanVoyager
SILVER SPRING
“Go beyond kabobs for a great dining experience”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had an amazing experience last night at Amoo's that was the best we've had in a long time. The food was delicious, Sebastian (our chef/server) was great and engaging, and we will definitely be back again. Our friend had heard about the restaurant and brought the four of us for dinner. We brought our own wine as they are currently without a liquor license. We were given the option of menu items, a set three-course menu, or he could "Rock the Table"! We choose the latter option and I highly recommend it as it was fantastic. Multiple dishes brought out in three courses for everyone to try, with Sebastian explaining what went into every dish and tailoring the food to our preferences. My wife had the vegetarian options and she loved them all. The restaurant is run by a great family and the love and passion they have for what they do is evident in every dish.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank BenWeikel
Rockville, Maryland
“Wonderful kabobs”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This place isn't that big, but it has a full menu with lots of options. The bread was a standout; it was served warm from the oven, too. We took the leftover bread home, because we couldn't bear to waste it, One thing that I really liked it they took the skewers out in the kitchen so they meat came to the table ready to eat-- no struggle to remove it from the skewer. I don't think they serve alcohol but their carbonated juices are really nice. Only drawback really is the lack of parking; this strip mall is tiny!

1 Thank MarylandAnglophile
Vienna, Virginia
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My girlfriend has a coupon for this restaurant. We finally got the enjoy the food after talking about it many a times. I felt the Salad Olivieh was really good. It very much reminded me of how grandma makes it. It's traditionally made with egg, potato, chicken, mayo, pickles, and lemon juice. The presentation lacked a little, but still worth ordering.

As an appetizer the portion was very big! My girlfriend got the jujeh kabob which looked and tasted amazing. I got the soltani which consists of kabob made from steak and ground beef. It was very moist, nicely seasoned, and just melted in your mouth. I also loved the bread and freshly made a spicy sauce that came with it.

Being from iran I've had the real deal when visiting family. I thought the rice was also good because it wasn't very buttery and had a hint of salt. I personally love my rice that way. Obviously, everyone has their own opinion of how food should be prepared.

I was initially worried about the protein being overly dry from adding excessive amounts of saffron. The chef/owner of the restaurant was greeting everyone and overall very pleasant. The stewed tomatoes were also delicious, and portions were enough for me to take it home to eat later.

I would recommend this place to anyone traveling the area. It's a little out of the way but worth the trip.

1 Thank Kevin P