“great stay”

Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McLean
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have stayed here at least 6 times in the past year. It is consistently impressive! The rooms are great and clean, staff are very friendly and efficient. I don't think I have ever had a complaint! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank comsysma

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed here for 6 nights for a business trip to D.C, located about 20 mins drive or there is a Metro station 10 mins walk away. The room are large and comfortable each room is equipped with a kitchen should you need it. There are plenty if places to eat nearby, we found Gilberts about a 5 minute walk away to be the best. Do not go to the Italian across the road it is poor quality food. A small buffet breakfast is served at the hotel each morning, this was fine. Hotel has free Wi-Fi. Staff were helpful, will be staying here again for my next trip to D.C

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank EODUK
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed here in July while visiting my corporate office in McLean and I thought the hotel very nice. The rooms were nice sized with bed, sofa and full kitchen, even though I only kept a couple of cans of coke cold in the fridge it was still nice to have if needed. The free morning breakfast was always good with good hot choices and they had nightly happy hour with beer, wine and food, enough to call it a full dinner if you're good with some burgers, hot dogs, salad, chips, etc. Pool outside and a gym with some a good amount of equipment, I didn't use either but I did take a look and it both looked decent. Several restaurants and shopping area within walking distance so you can keep busy at night. Beware of the "Pub" in the strip mall just next to the hotel, me and 4 co-workers went there for a couple of hours on our first night and ended up with a $450 bar tab, doing shots every few minutes didn't help but we just weren't expecting the final bill (but we did have a very good time).

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor and I had no problems with noise. One of my co-workers had a room just...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank GdayNY
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Can't wait to come back.
saved so much money on breakfast and dinner
staff was excellent

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We needed to find a hotel for the Saturday night of Labor Day weekend in the Washington, DC area because of a family gathering scheduled there. Almost everybody else chose to take the suggestion of the sponsoring family and stay in Bethesda, Maryland at a hotel there. We were dismayed to find that most Bethesda hotels add on an extra charge for parking your car. As I did my search, I discovered that there was a Staybridge Suites in Mclean,VA. It wasn't around the corner from Bethesda, but it looked like Bethesda would be accessible because the hotel was close to the Beltway (495). We had stayed in a Staybridge in Las Vegas in 2009 and had been impressed by its quality and value.
We were not disappointed by our decision to stay in McLean. Our suite was spacious and comfortable. Our room was clean and quiet. The pull out couch was adequate for our teenage boys to sleep on. We appreciated having 2 TVs, one in the bedroom and the other in the living room. For some reason, we were put in a handicapped room, which did not inconvenience us, but it probably had a slightly different layout than a non-handicapped room would have had. Thus, I am unsure if regular rooms have a fully functioning kitchen. Ours had a refrigerator, micro wave and 2 burners. If we had been planning to stay for a longer time, that might have been a slight problem for me, because I probably would have wanted to cook dinner. For a weekend stay, however, it wasn't a problem.
Breakfast the next morning was what I have come to expect of hotels at this level. It featured a variety of items that were not distinguished or outstanding in any way. However, I do not mean that as a criticism. In general, I am impressed by the Staybridge chain. They seem to have figured out a way to provide a very comfortable experience for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cerl
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here to drop my daughter off at school. We were able to bring our dog as well which was a real plus. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the location was great. You could walk to great restaurants, grocery store and fantastic coffee shop across the street. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which was perfect for us. We plan to stay here many times when visiting our daughter.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed in this apartment as part of a family trip, with a group of family members. We had a full one bedroom apartment, with a real bedroom behind a real door (not just a "suite" that turns out to be a biggish room with an extra couch). I only stayed one night, but this suite would be perfect for longer stays -- walk-in closet, full kitchen, comfortable beds, and free, fast wireless Internet service. Our room was handicapped accessible which meant it had a HUGE bathroom, too.

The front desk staff was nice, and our stay included a good breakfast. They also have coffee available all day, and a vending area for snacks. The location isn't great if you don't have a car, but they're walking distance to a number of restaurants, cafes, and a Giant supermarket.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near McLean
2 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#1 of 15 in Tysons Corner

Been to Staybridge Suites McLean-Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!