TripAdvisor
McLean
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best casual cafe in McLean”
Review of StarNut Gourmet

StarNut Gourmet
Ranked #7 of 12 Quick Bites in McLean
Description: (703) 749-9090 This place offers a nice assortment of desserts, coffee, gelato, salads, breakfast items, snacks, etc.
Reviewed August 24, 2016

This charming little cafe has a small menu of freshly-prepared salads, pastries, gelato and various beverages, including great coffee. It's a wonderful place to have coffee or lunch with friends.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed July 31, 2016

Have been visiting McLean for years, but never stopped in StarNut before as it's slightly off my beaten path. However I was meeting a client there and found the friendly family-owned business to be delightfully cheerful and friendly. My quiche and chai latte were perfect and the setting very comfortable and attractive both inside and out.

It's a tad higher priced than I'm used to but the other perks balance things out. A definite return visit is in order.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed October 18, 2015

I buy their gift baskets and chocolate/nut combinations for every special occasion. Lots of unique treats and the most friendly owner.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed July 9, 2015 via mobile

I meet friends and business connections at StarNut and I am never embarrassed. The staff is wonderful, the food is fresh, there are some gluten-free alternatives which I appreciate, and there is plenty of room in the front, the back, and outside.
Parking is a little tight sometimes, so when that happens I park in the lot across the street which always has spaces.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed January 13, 2015

A client of mine wanted to meet me for a cup of coffee - he picked this local place he liked and I must say, I liked it too.

Service was phenomenal - the owner was the one who took care of us and it is obvious he makes his customers a priority.

The coffees were large, plentiful and tasty - good espresso! The pastries were fresh, flaky and tasty.

It's a little small and I wouldn't say it's the best environment for a business meeting if you want it to be private - but it is definitely a great place to go for a quality cup of coffee, good food and excellent service.

Better than Starbucks by miles!

Date of visit: December 2014