TripAdvisor

“LOVE THIS PLACE”
Review of StarNut Gourmet

StarNut Gourmet
Ranked #7 of 12 Quick Bites in McLean
Description: (703) 749-9090 This place offers a nice assortment of desserts, coffee, gelato, salads, breakfast items, snacks, etc.
Reviewed October 18, 2015

I buy their gift baskets and chocolate/nut combinations for every special occasion. Lots of unique treats and the most friendly owner.

Date of visit: October 2015
Write a reviewReviews (28)

Reviewed July 9, 2015 via mobile

I meet friends and business connections at StarNut and I am never embarrassed. The staff is wonderful, the food is fresh, there are some gluten-free alternatives which I appreciate, and there is plenty of room in the front, the back, and outside.
Parking is a little tight sometimes, so when that happens I park in the lot across the street which always has spaces.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed January 13, 2015

A client of mine wanted to meet me for a cup of coffee - he picked this local place he liked and I must say, I liked it too.

Service was phenomenal - the owner was the one who took care of us and it is obvious he makes his customers a priority.

The coffees were large, plentiful and tasty - good espresso! The pastries were fresh, flaky and tasty.

It's a little small and I wouldn't say it's the best environment for a business meeting if you want it to be private - but it is definitely a great place to go for a quality cup of coffee, good food and excellent service.

Better than Starbucks by miles!

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Yuck! I ordered two deserts from the display case and took some candy for the office. The deserts looked great but tasted like they had been in a freezer for years then thawed out in the display case over and over again. The candy was chocolate covered espresso beans and chocolate covered pretzels. Somehow even they tasted stale. You'll get better snacks at the grocery store and not spend $40 doing it. Save your money.

2  Thank BarryJC758
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Starnut had a great atmosphere but the price for everything is so expensive. I like to go there for a good treat but can never go there everyday like I do with most places.

Date of visit: March 2013