“Pleasantly Surprised - Great Food and Attentive Staff”
Review of McLean 1910 Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McLean 1910 Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: We are a local casual upscale American restaurant that utilizes the freshest and finest ingredients that our area has to offer.
Washington, DC
“Pleasantly Surprised - Great Food and Attentive Staff”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I bought a Groupon for this restaurant and waited until the last day before visiting. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the decor inside is very pleasant. The place is rather small, but the food is delicious. I had the scallops to start and my boyfriend had one of the soups. My scallops were amazing. For our entrees, we had the baby back ribs and the filet mignon. Both dishes were excellent and we were too full to even consider dessert. I'm glad I had the Groupon, because it was a bit expensive. However, the food makes up for the price. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. Overall a great experience. I live in the area and will definitely go again. Thanks McLean 1910!

• Visited December 2011

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Servers seemed bored and uninterested.”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

So, the reviews regarding service are right. Dropped in for a drink, was ignored by a woman on the phone, and nobody knew how to poor a drink. "what glass? I don't know. How much do I pour? Does that mean ice?" ugh. didn't know what happy hour specials were.

Big ups to Sonja, however, who actually tried to help, refilled my water, and cared about the ONLY PERSON IN THE RESTAURANT.

“Definitely fit for foodies!”
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Had a superb lunch with friends at 1910--comfortable ambience and great service - Do not miss the grilled sea scallops salad--just right. Friends enjoyed the mussels, chicken salad, and we finished with the chef's "perfect cheese cake"--the freshest and most delicious I've had. Did not have wine, but, for future visits, there is an extensive wine list. Wait staff were pleasant and attentive. I will be back and will bring friends.

• Visited December 2011
Virginia
“delicious”
Reviewed October 19, 2011

If you are looking for a place where everyone knows your name, AND great food, come try this place. I felt welcome, and appreciated the well priced wine list. The Chef is very personable as well. Great place to sit for hours, and have a long coursed meal with a friend you haven't seen in awhile. Liked the staff, unstuffy, but knowledable.

• Visited October 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“One of the best places in McLean”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Although the reviews so far are mixed, we've been here at least a half-dozen times and are fairly demanding but have still enjoyed every single meal. The specials are always delicious (pistachio-crusted sea bass in a wine sauce, for instance), and the rest of the menu is excellent as well (try the Thai mussels).

The service isn't great, but hopefully they're taking it seriously. The hostesses are often unwelcoming, but more because they seem disorganized than because they are unfriendly. If you sit outside, be careful or the waiters may forget you.

Overall, though, it's really good and a fantastic addition to the lackluster McLean restaurant scene.

• Visited September 2011