“Nice niche burger house in McLean...with a fun menu and good beers.”
Review of Joe's Burgers

Joe's Burgers
Ranked #40 of 148 Restaurants in McLean
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a small, "you'll almost miss it", hole in the wall in the heart of McLean. It's a little more hip and younger than older established McLean restaurants. Relly good burgers (try the buffalo burger) and great fries. You can also order a specialty beer from their large menu. Usually not a wait but worth it if there is one. Prices are OK for McLean and you'll enjoy this change from the franchise approach.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Ordered carrry-out and was advised that the order would be ready in "15-20 minutes." Twenty minutes later, with nothing but an "OMG" doe-in-the-headlights look, the front-end manager advised that "we are so sorry." OK. But, forty minutes into a simple order, where is the rest of the order? Oh, we were busy--really? Let's count, two at the counter and 14 total patrons at tables. So, hold on---wait for it, that's 16 total customers and one at the counter. OMG. That is UFB busy. OK. Well when you consider that they advertise "Black Angus Beef," the next question should be 'what part(s)?' Because in our experience it was 'pieces and parts' that were dry and not cooked well--meaning exceptionally dry and flavorless. Add to that the fact that a purportedly high-end establishment is using frozen prepared french fries rather than fresh-cut whole fries speaks volumes about the management team/owner(s) philosophy. Out-of-business soon chap. BTW, there's a new chain-restaurant nearby, so they can pick-up your clientele. Or, perhaps you can get Nieman Ranch ground beef from them?

We thought it was a 2 on a scale of 10. In a word, it sucked. Good luck. Get a Chapter 11 lawyer on speed dial, you'll need it unless you hire a Chef, front-end manager and start working on the ambiance. Old people kill ambiance. Good luck.

4  Thank flyfishing76
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have gone here many times over the years, mostly because my sister and her family love this place. I don't necessarily share their love but I feel obligated to include their opinion here. If you enjoy hamburgers, they certainly have an impressive menu. They are good, though I have had better. If you come here and you're not yet hungry, don't worry. By the time they bring out your food, you'll be starving! The place is small and cute, and there is a small bar. Parking can be a challenge. There are only a few spots in the front. On my own, I wouldn't choose this place to go but I'm sure I'll be back there again someday with family.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Average burger, nothing special about it. Although the atmosphere was great (felt like a local), I don't think I'll be a regular there. The burger patty tasted dry ( i ordered medium) & bland to me.

1  Thank dancelovah4life
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We made a reservation here on Open Table. So we thought the place would be a bit different than what we found...no hostess/host, but a sign saying "seat yourself". No problem with that, just not what one expects when making a reservation on Open Table. Service was good, and the burger was great. I'm never sure how to order a burger in a place I don't know. I like my beef pretty rare, but usually order burgers well or medium well. I took a chance and went for medium. It was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. Fries were great, but onion rings could use some work.