“Clean, comfortable, convenient location in heart of Moab”
Review of Rustic Inn

Rustic Inn
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The Rustic Inn is your 50-60's era type motel, that is in process of being modernized. Was a bit pricey from what I would expect, but comparabily speaking everything in Moab fell into that same category. The owner was very friendly and helpful. The room was pretty basic, but was quiet, clean and comfortable. We had stayed outside of Moab the previous nights, so was nice to be within walking distance to restaurants and shops. They had wifi, which we were looking for to update everyone on our trip.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank myconductor
There are newer reviews for Rustic Inn

Reviewed December 22, 2011

We are currently in our 2nd day of a 3 day stay at the Rustic Inn and I'm compelled to write a review. Upon arrival our room wasn't stocked with soap, toilet etc... When I asked about this I was handed the supplies. Then today we arrived back to our room after being gone hiking only to find that the room had not been serviced. While the Manager apologized, he did not offer any solution. Tonight, we decided to do some laundry only to find the laundry room trashed. The Managers response was to lock the door and tell us to go use a laundrymat in town. Finally, I must mention that this motel is not accepting the special room rate that is listed on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank parisienfoodisgood
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The Rustic Inn is pretty quirky. I liked it! I stayed here a night and again few nights later
on the return trip. The location was great for in town, not much noise, easy to find!
The parking lot is tight! A lot of trailers with ATV's. The up side is everyone, at least the nights I was there, worked to make everything fit and it was great to talk to fellow travelers. The girls at the desk were helpful and friendly!
The room was a good size. if you had 4 people it could get tight.
The bed was okay and I did get some much needed sleep.
The bathroom is small and the mirror is over the kitchen sink! It works!
A shortage of plugs but I have a surge bar with a long cord so I could charge up all my gear up on the desk.
The 3/4 fridge is great because I fix my own food. The plus was fixing meals and freezing them for a few days ahead.
The blinds were not so good and you will hear about it in other reviews. I got mine to work mostly!
The wifi was okay, but as always ( almost everywhere ) they need to get faster, better routers!
The Rustic Inn is pretty quirky, but it works on so many levels. The price was great! You don't feel like you are paying the Moab Tourist Penalty Tax!

They are fixing up this property and I got to peek in one of the new rooms. They look good! The changed the blinds to horizontal instead of vertical and the colors are more earth tones. The same basic design that they can't really change much because the buildings are poured concrete walls. Still an improvement!
The Rustic Inn and The Red Cliffs Lodge share some of the same design features in the rooms because they have the same ownership. ( I stopped at the RCL to inquire and they let me take a look. I decided I needed to be in town so I moved on ) The Rustic Inn is a great stay for Moab!
I would stay here again!
I would recommend it to some friends and family!
It's an acquired taste. If you need high end perfection look elsewhere.
If you are okay with the basics at a basic price, this is the place!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newly renovated rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2011

This motel is centrally located and a great deal when compared to other motels/hotels in Moab. The owner is very pleasant and helpful. The rooms are huge, and they include a mini-kitchen (full size fridge, kitchen sink, coffee pot, microwave, dishes, towels, and dish soap.) My room was very clean and the heater worked great. I would definitely stay here again, and I would recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JillieBean77
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Despite I hadn't planned spending a night in Moab during my last western tour when I happened there on a sunny mid october afternoon I decided to call it a day. I had previously been in town a few years earlier but I couldn't remember it was so charming and welcoming. Coming from Wyoming and northern Utah where I met snow and a lot of cold weather arriving in Moab has been like entering a promised land. Warm weather, a perfectly cloudless blue sky , dry air, red rocks all around!!I started my usual search for a decent accomodation. The first two motels I went to proved my idea about costly Moab accomodation to be true. When I happened at the Rustic Inn I couldn't believe it. I was asked a good rate for a huge clean room with a good wireless connection provided with a full size fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker , a stainless steel double sink in the kitchenette area including dishes and silverware . Amongst the motel facilities noteworthy are the swimming pool and the modern laundry room. Before checking in I asked to have a look at the room and I was invited to see both the basic and the deluxe ones. The young lady on duty proved to be extremely kind and professional and I was offered the deluxe room for the rate of the basic . Being located one block from the noisy main street it's not a secondary advantage. All the downtown points of interest and CityMarket remain within walking distance. I don't rate the property "excellent" simply because I wish there was the chance to get some breakfast in the morning beside the tasty coffee but I'm aware that in that case the rate couldn't be so competitive. From now on the Rustic Inn will be my place any time I'll be in town!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank d8889
Reviewed November 10, 2011

What more could you want? An easy walk to Jeffrey's for the best steak in town.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This was clean and close to downtown, so we could walk everywhere, which we loved. Had a fridge and sink with counter space. they must have had a micro but I can't remember. the staff were very nice.

Room Tip: we got a discount for taking the room under the stairwell!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends