Kokopelli Lodgings
$220
$189
$205
$161
Quality Inn Moab Slickrock Area(Moab)(Great Value!)
$205
Official Site
$229
$219
Priceline
All reviewshot tubliving roomfull kitchenmain streetcoffee makerwithin walking distancein townsliding doorrooms are smallgas grillstay there againbunk bedsquiet locationworked greatdowntown moabshops and restaurantsafter a long day
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at the Inn Towner location for two nights and couldn't have been happier with the service, amenities, location, or decor. It was all perfect, and for as much or less than nearby mainstream hotel brands. We could see the snow capped peaks from the hot tub and the patio, and the dogs had a blast romping around in the fenced-in front yard. We easily walked to dinner, breakfast, and the nearby off-leash dog park. Its location just half a block off the main drag was just enough to negate traffic noise from those awful 4wd vehicles while keeping us close to everything we wanted. And having a living room and full kitchen was a huge bonus that gave the two couples and two dogs a feeling of spaciousness we would have missed in other places.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank KeepAustinWired
moabmotelier, Owner at Kokopelli Lodgings, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for the great review! The Inn Towner is our most popular property for just the reasons you mentioned. We also have a new property coming on line late spring 2014 you may want to check out on your next visit. It is called the Kokopelli Park View and is a complex of 10 individual units with green space and a fenced dog park. We're excited to share it with our guests! Come see us again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed in an Inntowner Suite two years ago but decided we didn’t need so much room this visit and the smaller Suite on Rosetree Lane was just right for us. We were happy with the quality of the fixtures, furniture, utensils etc. and the Suite itself was good for size with off road parking and its own outside area with table and chairs discrete from the area shared with other Suites which includes a lawn area, BBQ and hot tub.

The only complaint we have is that although the accommodation was surface clean it was in need of a deep clean. When we left I did suggest that they took a look at the gap between the chest of drawers and the wall in the bedroom where the dust was a couple of inches deep. I was assured it would be seen to – let’s hope it was and someone took a good objective look at all the accommodations.

Despite that issue we would return to the Kokopelli accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to review the Kokopelli Suites. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and have had the opportunity to try a couple of the different lodgings we offer. Your comment about the dust bunnies lead us to conduct a small" field trip" for housekeeping staff, and I'm sure it had great impact! While we prefer to hear all the great things about our properties, we appreciate and learn from ALL comments, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to your next visit - maybe you will want to try our new property that is currently being built.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a condo unit with only the basics: two queen beds, couch and love seat in living room, kitchen equipped with the basics. There is no decorating that makes it feel the least bit charming nor cozy, much less attractive; the lighting was so dim it was downright gloomy. We had to ask housekeeping to replace a missing (not merely burned out: this was an empty socket!) bulb, whose addition upgraded the space from "dark" to "dimly lit." There's was nothing missing from the kitchen that we needed, besides non-glaring lighting; and there was no place in the space that had light bright enough to read. Did I mention yet that the space was poorly lighted? The small TV was mounted so high up in a corner of the living room that I would have had to lie on my back or risk a stiff neck to watch it. We had booked a three-day second stay at this property for later in our vacation, which I cancelled as soon as I spent a night in this unit.

And when it cooled off at night, the space was drafty-- I could see daylight around three of the four sides of the entry door (weatherstripping anyone?) and the draft it let in cooled down the unit more than necessary. The kitchen clock was off-time, and when I took it down to change it, water poured out of the clock (huh?). And microfiber towels may be cool (and inexpensive), but toweling off after a shower is like using a squeegie-- not optimal.

The unit we rented shared a wall with the neighboring unit, occupied one night of our three by The Loud Family-- including not one but two barking dogs.

On the plus side: a working gas grill with grilling tools; a full-size refrigerator; electric stove worked as expected; sufficent pots and pans do do our cooking; all was clean enough (if you didn't try to open or close a window--filthy frames!). And the staff was friendly.

If this unit was $50 cheaper per night I would have considered it a good value; since it was not, I felt like I was merely helping the owner pay a mortgage.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere-- unless your aim is to jam as many bikers as possible into a unit in which you can cook. There was a hose that some used to wash off bikes.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JSherpz

I am so sorry you were dissatisfied with the Inn Towner. It is our most popular and requested property by repeat customers, so I was shocked to hear how unhappy you were staying there. Had you alerted us, we certainly would have moved you to a different property or helped you find other accommodations. We do our best to fulfill all our guests needs, even if that means finding them alternate lodging. Please accept our apologies and know that we sincerely wish you had allowed us to try to correct the situation so your stay would have been more pleasant.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in a 2 bdr 2 bth suite which was perfect for 2 couples and fitted our low budget. Clean and well equipped. Good quiet location in Moab. Shared back yard with bbq and hot tub which we didn't have time to use, unfortunately. Excellent service. We highly recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
moabmotelier, Owner at Kokopelli Lodgings, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad you enjoyed the Kokopelli Suites and recognized the value of the 2 bedroom 2 bath unit as opposed to paying for 2 motel rooms to accommodate couples or a family. We are proud to offer well priced accommodations in a wide range of properties to fit most travelers needs. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how pleasant your stay was. Visit us again sometime!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I spent just one night at the Kokopelli Lodge, but I loved my stay, and I can't wait to go back. The lodge is not expensive (for Moab). It's walking distance from everything in downtown Moab, so I never had to use my car. The rooms are sparkling clean, fun to be in (my refrigerator was purple!), and very well designed (loved the Ikea sink). There were hooks and shelves all over, instead of closets and drawers, so I was less likely to leave something behind. There was a power strip on the table for all of my electronic gadgets -- so thoughtful! And, best of all, everyone was really friendly. Thanks so much for a great place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
moabmotelier, Owner at Kokopelli Lodgings, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Wow, we love to hear comments like yours! Thanks for taking the time to affirm that we are getting it right. We look forward to your next visit and truly appreciate that you took the time to make our staff's day with your wonderful review!