The place looked cute online. The price was right. When we arrived, we turned on the fan and it The place looked cute online. The price was right. When we arrived, all the windows were open. We didn’t think anything of it. We turned on the fan and closed all the windows. it stank to high heaven. While it was possible to breath, it was noxious. I called the emergency number and I was told they could do nothing about it and they had no extra rooms. We had to go pay money for another hotel room - that this is inexcusable. So, with we left to get another room at another hotel that night.
When I called them about the situation, they said they would pay back two of the three nights and not the first. I told them that we were there only about 10 minutes (which is true) and the stink. Apparently the next day they could not confirm it so they all but called me a liar (they never said those words to me, but hinted towards that) as they checked it out and found nothing. Because they found nothing, they could not refund me anything for the night’s stay. I’ve stayed in a great number of places, I’ve never seen this kind of despicable customer service.
I will be going to the attorney general and the Better Business Bureau as this is piss poor customer service. They didn’t care when I mentioned this. Of course my credit card agreed with me and will take care of everything (including refunding my money). If they had not been so awful in the customer service department and treated me with a modicum of respect, I would not have written this post. It begs all logic.
Normally I would not rag on other issues, but since they had such awful customer service, I think it is important to point out some of the other flaws with the place.
1. The vent, aside from stinking, didn’t even have a grate to catch anything.
2. The front door lock was quirky although it did function.
3. There was no curtain for one of the windows. To be fare, light could get through, but it is not clear.
4. The bathroom door was the strangest indoor door I have ever seen. It looks like it was originally for a closet.
5. The bathroom was far from clean.
6. The parking is very narrow in the facility.
If you do not mind these kinds of issues, this is the place for you! Personally, I would not recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kokopelli Lodge - 9 unique & colorful rooms with small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Full bath. 1 block off the highway at the center of town. Kokopelli Inn Towner - 4 apartment style units with full kitchens. Fenced front yard. Located 1/2 block from Main street at the center of town. Kokopelli 100 West - 10 modern style cabins surrounding a courtyard. Extended kitchenettes, shared hot tub and BBQ grill. 1 block off Main St. Meadow House at historic Pack Creek Ranch - sleeps 5 people. Full kitchens. Seasonal, community swimming pool. At the foot of the La Sal mountains about 20 minutes from Moab. A beautiful year-round cabin. All properties have onsite recycling, Wi-Fi , green cleaning, shared hot tub and are pet friendly. Our mission: "To enhance every guest's travel experience with value and genuine hospitality." ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Kokopelli Lodge And Suites
- Kokopelli Hotel Moab
- Kokopelli Motel Moab
- Kokopelli Lodge & Suites Moab, Utah