Kokopelli Lodgings
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Moab
See available hotels
The Gonzo Inn(Moab)
Bowen Motel(Moab)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubliving roomfull kitchenmain streetcoffee makerwithin walking distancein townsliding doorrooms are smallgas grillstay there againbunk bedsquiet locationworked greatdowntown moabshops and restaurantsafter a long day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2008

We stayed here for a week. We stayed at the small condos they have about 4 blocks from the motel. This is a great place to stay. It was very quiet, no traffic noise. They are pet friendly. It was really nice to have more room than a motel room. There is a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom. You have a small patio in the back. They have a hot tub and barbeque. The kitchen has all the dishes you need, coffee maker, microwave, stove, and full size frig. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mickey143143
Reviewed April 23, 2008

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Kokopelli Lodge while visiting Arches & Canyonlands. It is a quiet out-of-the-way older motel that is perfect if you are looking for a reasonably priced & clean room. It is also pet friendly - we did not have our pet with us, but their pets gave us a welcome and a chance to talk about our own that was being missed.

We found Amy who was working the front desk to be very friendly and helpful. The room was large & clean. If you are looking for a fancy place - this is not it, but again if you want a quiet place near the center of Moab this will fit the bill.

We needed to phone home and when I discovered that there was no phone in our room I inquired about using the office phone to call using my calling card. They were quick to welcome my use of the phone and also insistent that I did not need to use my calling card because of their own phone coverage.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2008

I recently spent a night at this hotel. I'm not sure why it is under the B&B section. They do not serve breakfast.
It is a small place, only 7 or 8 rooms. It older and though it has been given a great face lift with bright colors, nice beds, and amenities like a microwave, fridge and coffemaker and fluffy towels, it could not hide the fact that it has seen better days. The main problem I had with it was the bathroom. The sink in our unit at least was small and in the room itself. The toilet would have been difficult for anyone larger than a medium sized woman to use and the shower was so small I decided to pass on the opportunity. It also was cold when we first entered the room though we were able to warm it up quickly enough for our needs.
I appreciated that it was clean and because it was well located I was able to walk to many of the main stores on Main Street. It is just around the corner from Eddie McStiffs and a half block away from Zax. I also took a short walk along the Millcreek park which was very nice.
For the short amount of time we were there it sufficed and accomplished its mission of giving us a decent nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Kbecjeans
Reviewed November 9, 2007

We just returned from Moab where we stayed one night at Kokopelli Lodge, owned and managed by Katy who went the extra mile for us. This is a small motel that is centrally located (you can walk to breakfast, dinner, bookstores, cafes) but also amazingly quiet. It is located on a side street so doesn't have traffic roaring by all night like hotels on Main St. The motel is a remodeled classic park-the-car-out-front. All fixtures in the bathrooms are brand new. Woodwork and floors are new. Rooms are well equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, mugs, coffee. And Katy will lend you a hotpot for tea if you need it. The beds are GREAT and the lighting is well done. I can't say enough positive. Katy really knows the town and directed us to an excellent dinner restaurant among other things. Wonderful small motel. I highly recommend it. Though I will probably regret this because the next time we go to Moab it will probably be full!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank omar3627
Reviewed September 29, 2006

The Kokopelli Lodge is located in the center of Moab - but off the main road in a quiet side street. The location is superb. The owner is new, down to earth and very, very helpful & friendly. He is keen and enthusiastic to improve the place which has its own simple character.

If you like hearty food then a must-do is to have breakfast in the Moab Diner (all the locals seem to - it was always busy....) try a steak and pitcher of homebrew beer at Eddie Mcstiff and checkout the locals in Woodys pub/bar/pool hall (a bit redneck but they were really friendly to my wife and I). These are all fantastic 'genuine' places - the real moab & all really close to the Kokopelli.

I would definitely stay at the Kokopelli again - its a place that fits in to the personality of Moab ....

PS: The obvious places to visit are Canyonlands and Arches - but also consider taking a drive/bike ride by the Colarado Scenic Highway 128 Just North of Moab before the river. The scenery in these parts is absolutely stunning, a vast sureal landscape well worth a visit.

Stayed: September 2006