“Pretty good lodging for Moab”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moab
Kokopelli Lodge & Suites
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Moab
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Let me preface by saying this: if you're looking for luxury accommodations, you won't find it in Moab. There's no Las Vegas here, just a place to put your head for the night. Which is why most people are here. To get some perspective on Moab, Denny's has a good review on tripadvisor. So if you can adjust your expectations to that, the Kokopelli was a fine place to stay. We spent a few nights at the Inn Towner, one of 4 condos just off the main strip. It was pricier than the motel ($125/night) but we wanted the extra room.

What we liked: They were large condos with full kitchens; we were able to cook meals which was great. Freshly painted, happy colors, and tasteful furniture. They welcomed our dog, and had a dog bowl waiting in the kitchen. They did pretty good with little touches: dishes from IKEA, thicker bathroom towels, nice bedding in the bedroom, etc. We mostly liked the beds (I thought they were a little soft, but the hubby thought they were just right). The grounds were kept very well, they seem to care about the place.

What we'd change: The brown shaggy carpet in the living and bedroom. Moab is a dusty/muddy/dirty place, most people are there to Jeep or bike. It's hard to keep something like that clean. Bathtub was older, shower was super low flow. Dishes needed rewashing, no bags lining the garbage pail (ants showed up), coffee maker still had old coffee and filter/grinds in. It's surface clean, which is fine, just don't look too closely or in the corners..it's not a brand new hotel.

Not sure if I'd stay here again, the kitchen was awesome to have, but we didn't spend much time indoors. We'll probably choose a less expensive place, but would recommend the Kokopelli if you need roomier lodgings while in Moab.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2011

When we pulled up to the Lodge to register for our reservation at the Inn Towner part of the Lodge (which was a few blocks away) I got very upset. The Lodge did not look like any place I wanted to stay. The outside was very messy looking. I never did see the rooms so I can't give any comments on them. We checked in and pulled up to the Intowner. At first I was dissappointed because they didn't look like much. A four section little adobe building built in sideways between a little grocery and a house. Once we got inside though it was ok. It's a little apartment with a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and living room. The living room has a sofa and love seat and tv. Very nice. The bedroom was large and had 2 queen beds with nice linens and quilts. The kitchen was a little outdated. Seems like there had been a dishwasher at one time that was removed and nothing put back. They did provide dishes and all. The bathroom was a little outdated also but the towels were nice and seemed new and fluffy. Nice shower curtain. The carpets in the apartment were clean but outdated - dark brown sculpted. However, they were in good shape. There is no maid service here unless you want to pay $30 extra per day. All in all not a bad place for Moab. I have to say it was very clean and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petsitter
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Moab is very touristic so it's very difficult to find a nice hotel at a reasonable price. I chose this motel for its low price (60$) and good critics on tripadvisor but I wish I hadn't. The room was the smallest I'd ever seen, we were barely able to open our luggage, and very dark. The bed was also small and uncomfortable. The air conditioning was old, inefficient and so noisy that I was still hearing it with my earplugs. Thankfully I only spent one night in this motel because I had the worst night of my 3 weeks trip. Well, I guess I got what I paid for...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We expected a no frills, low cost motel really and although Kokopelli Lodges is no frills, it was well decorated, modern and clean.

There was a TV, microwave, WiFI and Tea & Coffee making facilities.

The door to the bathroom was disppointing, it was a 'slide' door but was only attached at the top and looked like a bit of an after thought. The front door was also difficult to lock.

Great location for Arches and Canyonlands National Parks.

Overall we were pretty happy with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellingL85
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Not only were we traveling with a teenage daughter, we also had our infant son and 55 lb. dog with us -- all of our family's needs* were met to a T! We stayed in an apartment (part of a 4-unit facility) on Rosetree, rather than in the motel (which is slightly closer to downtown). It's within walking distance of downtown -- just a few blocks from the main business district.

The apartment was bright and clean, with fun paint and decor throughout. It was so cheerful! The shared back yard was well maintained, and we spent time every night in the big, new hot tub. We also used the community clothes line to dry towels and sweaty cycling kits. Despite the very dog-friendly atmosphere, the yard was in fine shape -- no mud pits, poop dangers, etc. We didn't ever grill out, or even eat dinner there, during our stay, but if we had, the apt had all the necessary equipment (including comfy patio furniture) to do so.

This is NOT a full-service facility -- we cooked and tidied up after ourselves during our stay (although the owners were always acommodating if we needed everything). In fact, I needed to work a little bit every day on our vacation, and when we complained that the wireless internet connection wasn't working, within one day they replaced the router and made sure that it was running correctly.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I always look for dog friendly motels when traveling which is why I decided to try Kokopelli Lodge. First of all, from the moment we arrived we felt very welcome. The lodge has a fenced in area where you can hang out with your dogs - we were able to put the dogs in that area while we unloaded our things and got settled in the room. The rooms are very clean and the beds are very comfortable.
We cooked on the grill and sat in the fenced area - it was perfect. On our third day we were heading out without the dogs, I notified the front desk and asked if they could keep an eye on them and maybe poke thier head in to make sure they were ok all day. Well - they not only did that - they let our dogs out into the fenced area to hang out for a while - I cannot tell you how AWESOME that made me feel. It was like I had a family member watching the dogs while gone for the day. Kokopelli is also walking distance to town - so everything about it was wonderful. Thank you so much to their great staff - especially Wendy, who you would think was the owner because of how dedicated she is. If you need pet friendly in Moab - this is the place!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2011

My husband and I are Moab frequenters but we had never taken our dog with us. I decided to try Kokopelli because I believe in supporting the 'little guys'. It was clean and comfortable. The owners are wonderful!! They fell in love with our dog and played with him while we ran to get some food. They even helped us figure out what toy would be most durable for him. They have earned our business and appreciation. Great place - great people- well priced.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple