“I was hoping for better.”
Review of FIESTA MEXICANA

FIESTA MEXICANA
Ranked #32 of 92 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A large group of friends converged on Fiesta Mexicana from dinner after a long day of hiking around Moab. I reckon there were about 20 of us. We had a reservation, so there were no issues with seating. However, the way our tables were arranged, it was very difficult to get around the table and next to impossible to move around to talk to someone at the opposite end of the table.

The service was very good. The servers were friendly and efficient. They were very fast with drinks and chips and salsa and kept the refills flowing. The salsa was very good, with a nice kick to it.

Typical Mexican restaurant menu with pages of choices. All the standard fare with variations for beef, chicken and shrimp. It takes a while to study all the choices.

The portions are large, and the presentation is appealing, but in the end it is just average food. Nothing wrong with it and completely edible, but just nothing special. While I would return, it would not be my first, or even third, choice of places to eat in Moab.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

It was your average mexican food joint,the prices were fair,we had the chimichanga burrito combo,it was alright.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I would recommend one of their traditional margaritas!! As we were being seated they were delivering salsa and chips to our table, which were constantly being refreshed throughout our meal. Our food was delicious hot and plentiful. Well priced and staff was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The carne asada is fantastic. Consistantly good. I dine there every time I'm in Moab and I've never been disappointed.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Being Mexican and raised with my Mom's great home cooking, I'm always looking for a good Mexican Resturant and we found one on 202 S Main St., in Moab. The one dish I always order is a chile verde platter. It has to come with beans, rice, tortillas (flour) and meaty chile verde. And Fiesta Mexicana had it and it was the best! They had a zillion other dishes but I'm a "meat & tortilla" kind of guy.

Been to FIESTA MEXICANA? Share your experiences!