“May 2014 Get-away”

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Pleasant Grove, United States
“May 2014 Get-away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

If you want to stay in downtown Moab, this is where I would stay again. There are places to eat within walking distance including to the west (100 W). We ate at Peachtree Juice Café twice during the stay, which is right next door to the hotel (Trout, burgers, steak, steak tacos..all excellent). The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful with our requests including resolving a few issues we had during our stay. They even provided a few bags of Jelly Belly's in response to my "special request" for our stay. They have a 24 hr fitness center which I didn't use but that was nice to have available if needed. The breakfast buffet was good, especially the waffles (other places where you make your own waffles is usually not good). The elevated patio/deck area was a nice touch and great place to eat breakfast with a view of red rock in all directions beyond the city. The pool was nice but the hot tub area was HUGE! The hotel keeps candy, a basket of apples, and lemon water in the lobby at all times.. so that was nice to have a snack. The double queen rooms that we stayed in were clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are basic but do offer a sink in the bathroom and a sink outside the bathroom, which was nice. We stayed in room 102 the first night, which is in a convenient location to the lobby, pool, etc) but also has a noise issue being right across from the ice machine. The second night was in room 230, also a double queen room, no noise issues there. This hotel can be higher price during the peak season, but its not always bad to pay $40 more a night to have a hotel that is clean and convenient and offers the things I have mentioned. Hope this review is helpful. Enjoy Moab!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jonathan B
MoabHotelier, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Canyonlands Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Jonathan B,

Wow, what a review! You far exceeded the 200 character minimum! I am so happy to hear of all the things you loved about your stay with us. We are really enjoying the new pool and spa as well. I hope that you wrote great reviews for the restaurants you mentioned! Please come back and see us again!

Warm Wishes,

ccovey@canyonlandsinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I stayed there with my friend from Apr 29 to May 1 in 2014. I live in Vancouver, Canada and I've been to Moab and other places in the US before, but my friend was from Japan and it was her first time to visit to the US.
The hotel was not gorgeous, but beutiful, comfortable and clean. They provided us nice breakfast, including hot meals. And they also provided lemon water and delicious cookies in the lobby.
The front staff were very friendly with happy smile :)
And I want to say that the room was very clean and cozy. I saw the sight of cleaning by the staff, and they worked very diligently. My friend and I were impressed to see it. And when we passed the cleaning staff in the hallway, they were very polite with smile.
I enjoyed to stay here and I was very glad that my friend had a good impression of this hotel, BW, and the US.

Room Tip: I also liked shampoo, hair-conditioner and body lotion in the room, and they gave us mini sewing set...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
May J,

Thank you for your detailed review of our property. I am happy to hear that you were comfortable during your stay with us. I hope you will visit again soon.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights in Moab this past week. BW Canyonland is an excellent facility, with clean, comfortable, large rooms, downtown with easy access to shops and restaurants. Breakfasts were delicious with real scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and fresh pastry. I am gluten intolerant (celiac) and was delighted to discover that they had gluten free bread and muffins..... a real bonus for me. Highly recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Siobnan,

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are always happy to accommodate food restrictions for our guests. If a request for gluten free options is made, we ensure they are available. Please contact me when you are ready for your next visit.

Camrose, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our first time visiting Moab to explore the trails in our Jeep was made perfect by staying at Canyonlands BW. Could not ask for a better location or more enjoyable facility. Made very comfortable by staff and relaxed after day of adventure around the great pool and hot tub. Your right in the middle of Moab with all you might want within walking distance yet around the pool was quiet and private from street. All the grounds were keep spotless at all times and lobby was nice to have a cold glass of lemon water and just relax and cool down. Definitely plan on returning and would certainly recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

William M,

I loved hearing how much you were able to enjoy our pool and hot tub during your stay. I am always pleased when we exceed expectations. Please contact me when you are ready to visit again. The red rocks are calling your name.

Cheers,

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Very nice motel with great location in Moab. Good breakfast. Beware a small inconvenience if you have heavy suitcases or trouble with stairs, there is a 'bi-level" on the 2nd floor where you have to climb 3 or 4 steps, even after taking the elevator up. Plentiful cookies in the lobby at check-in!

2 Thank ztaaks
Ztaaks,

Thank you for your kind review. I apologize for the inconvenient layout on the second floor. Our new elevator services all but 15% of our guests rooms now. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

Fairview, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

We booked this last minute as the last available room in town. It was a bit pricey compared to recent trips we have made to California and Vegas, but with all that was going on this weekend, it was expected. The rooms were large, very clean and the breakfast offered in the morning was above and beyond what I've had in other hotels. All in all, we couldn't have asked for a better hotel for our vacation.

120jessicaC,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am happy that you were able to stay with us despite the very busy night. I hope that you will come again soon.

Regards,

steamboat springs, co, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Moab's beauty is exhilarating any way you to choose to explore- driving, biking, hiking, rafting, or from the incredible zip line. To then relax at this hotel's pool and hot tub is perfect. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. Catching a sunset or sunrise breakfast on the balcony is a bonus. It is a short walk to shops and restaurants.

Sheryl K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. We appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon.