“Nice hotel in downtown Moab”

Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Moab
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This Best Western is very nice and comfortable, with all the amenities you would expect from an upper-range Best Western.
The rooms are large, quiet, comfortable. Besides, it is very well located closed to many restaurants in Moab, and not directly on the main road.
The swimming pool is nice but the surroundings are not so cool (directly close to the parking lot and the road).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thom2121
MoabHotelier, Manager at Best Western Plus Canyonlands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Regards,
Cheryl Covey

Write a ReviewReviews (1,849)

Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed two nights and we have an amazing experience! The rooms are big, clean and everything is eco friendly. The breakfast was free an amazing... Orange juice, cereals, coffee, scramble eggs (real eggs not the ugly liquid ones), bacon, ham, bread... Location is really good if you are going to the parks and then want to have dinner at night. Will come back again for sure!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandled80

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you noticed our Eco-conscious efforts. We are proud to be a certified Eco-friendly accommodation in Moab. I hope that you will visit again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed 5 nights in December at the Best Western Canyonlands in a double queen suite. Having considered the more expensive lodges out of town, we made the right choice staying in town close to the restaurants and all facilities. Temperatures drop below freezing in December and the hotel was warm and cosy. Spending each day driving out to the magnificent Arches and Canyonlands national parks left us cold and tired at the end of the day, so it was great to have a choice of a few restauants within a couple of blocks. Most restaurants here are seasonal so check opening times carefully at this time of year. The second floor of the hotel was closed for "deep cleaning" leaving only ground floor rooms, but the rooms were spacious and clean. Thin walls would be the only real negative. Breakfasts were provided via a range of dispensers and throw away plates and cutlery, but it's hard to complain at the reasonable prices charged. Overall, fairly typical motel fair but with all the essentials done well.

Room Tip: The hotel is on the main road through Moab which is a through route for trucks so ask for a quiet ro...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lakelogger

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We spent our Thanksgiving holiday on a long road trip and Moab was just an overnight stop. Our family was very comfortable here. There is nothing fancy or spectacular about the hotel, but it was clean and we slept well. The hot breakfast in the morning was nice especially with 3 kids. It has your usual hotel selection of food(cereal, toast, eggs, juice, coffee, fruit, yogurt) which was fine for us. What I liked most about the hotel was it's proximity to Arches National Park and it's location on Main St. We didn't get a chance to take advantage of the restaurants since we arrived late (most places close at 9pm), but there seems to be plenty to choose from even within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again if we return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diana K

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you were comfortable throughout your stay. I do hope that you will visit again soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

It is just a short walk to many great restaurants from this Best Western. The staff was fabulous and when we arrived in the wee hours of the morning, gave us chocolate cookies! We had a very spacious room, nicely air-conditioned (a must since it reached 103 degrees). Fabulous breakfast buffet and a beautiful shaded outdoor eating area, in addition to inside. Kids loved, loved their breakfast. They could make their own waffles, way cool. Close to drive to Canyonlands and Arches. Moab is a great town to visit with families, we had a fabulous time on our first visit, can't wait to go back and stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience this summer with us. I am happy to hear that your children loved making their own waffles for breakfast. I hope that you and your family will visit again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This has been my first trip since my wife past. While I was only able to spend two nights here I enjoyed the personable staff. There is a front desk woman named Candy that was very nice and on both mornings wished me a good day with a genuine smile! I haven't been through this area in a while, but I remember honest people. I have always considered service to be my top priority, but when people aren't just paid to be nice, that honesty shows. Thank you for being so kind. I appreciate it more than you may know.
Also the wonderful breakfast staff deserves praise. Jose, the gentleman that was there both days was kind enough to refill my coffee. He seen I had trouble getting up, and I am sure this is why he assisted without being asked.
I had room 129 a king suite facing the pool. The noise is not that loud and for an old man, it warms the heart to hear the kiddos having fun. Thank you Best Western Canyonlands Inn. I hope next year to bring my children to see an amazing area their grandma always smiled at.

Room Tip: Enjoy the patio by the breakfast area, the night staff are always willing to light the fire for you...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank olddocPrescott

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. Your review truly warmed my heart. I am sorry for the loss of your wife. I have passed on your kind words to our staff. I hope that you will bring your children back to visit again soon.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed November 26, 2012

No absentee owner here. Excellent, spotless facility. Large, comfortable rooms with sitting area Great full breakfast. Personell are eager to insure your perfect stay. We've stayed there several times. Never been disappointed. Location is in the heart of Moab. good restaurants & shopping surround the inn.

• Stayed: November 2012

You are absolutely correct in your statement of "no absentee owner here". One of our owners visits the property 5 days a week. She is constantly looking for ways to improve the hotel and make it feel more like home. I am pleased to hear that you noticed! I hope that you will visit again soon.