“Better then I expected!”

Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed November 2, 2011

On a recent hiking trip, my husband and I stayed here. The outside looked a bit sketchy, but the rooms were recently redone, the bathroom was nice with granite counter, there was a flat screen TV and even an in-room Kureig coffee maker. We loved the location, nice walking distance to the major eateries and shops. I would stay here again!

1  Thank linz710
Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We drove in with 3 kids at about 8:30 at night and my first thought was "ooooh boy, what did I book?" But there was a convention in town and there was nothing available anywhere else, so we didn't have a choice. We were surprised when we opened the door to the room to find modern decor, pretty clean carpet (baby's feet weren't black), clean bathroom and a big, flat screen TV. I was VERY happy to find that the beds were firm, but not hard and everyone slept well. We left before 7 AM, so I didn't get a chance to see it in the light, but I would stay there again for sure! Great location, easy to find, comfortable beds. Add a breakfast and it would be just about perfect!

It was right by the road, so there was a little road noise until we turned on the white noise machine, so if you are a light sleeper, I suggest bringing one along. Most of the hotels/motels in moab are right on the "main drag" and you'll get road noise anywhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Annonnowhere
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We stayed there 3 nights, great location. Room was nice, modern and clean.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed her two nights recently. I would agree that it is clean with quality bedding. Another plus is that the rooms are perpendicular to the highway so noise wasn't a factor. We did not use the pool. Our complaint concerns the lack of breakfast. We were on a two week trip through the southwest and tried to stay at Best Western Plus motels whenever possible. We have found them all to have quality breakfasts with nice eating area. This was the surprise exception and we would not have chosen it had we known. They did not serve breakfast at all. They did give us a $5 coupon for a pancake house across the street which was excellent. However we got only one coupon though we were there two nights. That is there policy. It is not per guest or per night but per room. Not much savings in that. I guess we have been spoiled at other BW Plus. It is very convenient to just stop at the breakfast room and have a hot breakfast before you are off for the day. Going to a nearby restaurant where you wait to be seated and served takes time from the limited time we had to enjoy the national parks. I do hope they correct this as complimentary breakfast is pretty standard and it was an irritation to find they don't offer it. That said though, for an older motel, it is very comfortable and clean with adequate parking.

Room Tip: No elevator so I would choose one near a stairwell. We like upstairs so you aren't aware of peo...
1  Thank sunshinegirlGualala
RamadaMoab, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear Sunshineg: Thank you for the comments. We appreciate your feedback. Our breakfast vouchers are offered for each overnight stay. They are available at the receptionist desk. Starting in 2012, we will have a bed and breakfast rate available. Thank you.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were there in September 2010. Motel style room with very poor lighting. Bathroom was small but brighter. Beds were alright for the night. There is a coin operated guest laundry. Being in town centre it was convenient to everything: restaurants, bars, shops and fast food. There is no inhouse dining facility just an adjacent Chinese Restaurant.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Tengak: Thank you for your comments. We will look into your suggestion.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I'm a seasoned traveler who normally stays in upper-end hotels like the Westin, Sheraton, The W, etc. As I was driving to Moab from Salt Lake City I had some trepidation and doubt about staying at a Best Western that received mixed reviews from this website - especially because I would be spending 4 nights there.

I'll start my review from check-in to check-out.

Check-in: I arrived to a friendly and helpful desk staff who answered my questions regarding which places to eat at, and conversely, which places to avoid. After checking in, I went to my rather large room, which to my surprise based on the reviews I've read here, was very modern and very clean.

Bed(s): The room I had was outfitted with two queen size beds with very comfortable bedding that you'd find in an upper end hotel. The sheets were clean, the mattress was very comfortable, and the pillows were aplenty. I'd give the beds a 5/5.

Bathroom: The vanity area, which is separate from the toilet/shower, had a nice tiled floor, a large granite counter top, and a nice closet that held the ironing board and and clothes that you may want to hang up. There was also a large mirror over the sink and a full length mirror off to the side.

The bathroom was kind of small. Just a toilet and shower. But I suppose that's all you need. The toilet was standard, yet clean. The shower was very spacious with dual shower heads; one head was the standard type while the other was the "rain" type shower head. Very nice.

There were plenty of towels. And the towels were not the cheap kind. They had some thickness to them and there were plenty of them. 5/5

The TV: One of the best I've seen. A 42" flat screen Vizio hung on the wall opposite of the beds. Give the TV a 5/5

Desk: A nice desk with an expensive looking desk lamp that had a power outlet built in for your laptop. I used the desk at night to download the photos I took while hiking and surf the web for directions. The accompanying chair was very comfortable.

Storage: Under the wall mounted TV there was a huge cabinet that housed a fridge and 4 pull out drawers that were very spacious. There was also a very large cabinet in the bathroom/vanity area that holds a ironing board and a place where you can hang your clothes. 5/5

Fridge: A nice, large fridge. I stored some takeout, a full case of water, and a bottle of Maker's Mark and some Clif bars - and still had some room leftover. 5/5

Coffee Maker: A Kuerig coffee maker sits on top of the cabinet under the TV. What can I say, it's a Keurig. Making coffee couldn't be easier. Plus they give you 6 choices of coffee and tea that is replenished every morning. 5/5

Laundry/pool/hot tub/Fitness center: I didn't use any of these amenities but I did see them. The pool looked nice and clean as did the hot tub. The fitness center had a bike, a elliptical, and a nautilus machine. Looked adequate. Not going to rate since i didn't use them.

The location: Situated right in the middle of town. EVERYTHING is in walking distance - including the grocery store, the liquor store, the Moab Brewery, the drug store, and a ton of restaurants/gift shops. 5/5

Check-out: Took about 30 seconds and the woman who was attending the desk was very kind and courteous.

Like I said, I normally stay at upper end hotels and this hotel, speaking only about the room itself, was just as nice as a $300 a night hotel. The outside of the hotel looks like your standard hotel/motel - almost outdated looking. The outside is definitely not indicative of how the inside looks.

I stayed in room 208, about 150 feet from the lobby where the free Wi-Fi was located. The signal wasn't great, but I had enough of a signal to surf the web with ease and quickness.

For the price, this hotel is great and I would highly recommend it if you're planning a visit to Moab.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Jpevear
RamadaMoab, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Greenwell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2011

Dear JPEVEAR: Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. Our entire staff appreciates you for recognizing our hard work.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

This is a great place to stay in the middle of Moab. You can park your car and walk to meals. The room was quiet and clean and updated. Double shower head and a Keurig coffee maker. staff friendly.
great places to eat: Paradox Pizza, Sabuki Sushi, The Peace Tree, Miquel's Mexican, Moab Brewery and Blue Pig BBQ.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family