“Just ok....”

Ranked #9 of 83 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Moabs Breakfast Restaurant! Open 6:30 A.M - 12:00P.M., open daily ( Seasonal Restaurant opened March 4th - October 31st only.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Food was just ok, service was awful!! Our server was very friendly and maybe they were understaffed but it was enough of an annoyance that we probably won't go back.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I don't believe I have ever given a five star review to a breakfast place (but then I haven't been to the Court of Two Sisters since I started using Trip Advisor), but this place rates them. We ate here on our last day in Moab and were sorry we had not eaten here every day. There is indoor seating but with the chance to sit outside I cannot imagine why anyone would. This place had history -- it used to be the local courthouse and jail -- but the food is the reason to come. My wife had the whole wheat waffle and I had a ginger pancake -- so good that I was pleased to have leftovers for lunch while hiking over the next two days, And it lasted that long because the quantities were very substantial, while the price was very reasonable

A review, with more info about hiking in Arches, is here: http://paulalanlevy.blogspot.com/2013/06/from-arches-to-capitol-reef-by-way-of.html

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Wonderful young people serving delicious breakfast and they do it in a hurry! Be sure to try the Swedish pancakes with lingonberry sauce. Inside is noisy, but outside is pleasant.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Jailhouse Cafe opens for breakfast at 7am and we arrived at 7am so we could hit the trails as early as possible. Fairly cool so we enjoyed sitting outside watching Moab's main street wake up. I had the Spinach, Feta & Mushroom Omelet. It was sooooo good - I would order it again. It was made from 3 eggs and what I considered a lot of food so i didn't even eat the potatoes that it comes with. I was determined to eat the entire omelet it was so good. My husband had the Bacon & Cheddar Cheese Omelet and he really like that also. The bacon was thicker style bacon with a great taste. He also ordered a Ginger Pancake on the side since he loves ginger. We agreed that it was good as a side (one pancake) but that the ginger taste might become overpowering with a stack of three. It started to get busy as we were leaving so you might want to enjoy the early morning like we did.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ordered 2 eggs over easy with canadian bacon. The eggs were very greasy, the potatoes were unedible, the canadian bacon was regular ham. The best part of the meal was the toast. The most shocking part of the meal was that it was $12 each ($25 for 2 after taxes, not including tip or drinks). For that price you would expect something excellent, with fruit on the side and other extras... not the greasy stuff.
The other thing that I found surprising was the amount of flies in the eating area... at least 30 I would say.... they keep wanting to land on your meal... and then I wondered how many flies were in the kitchen, if they had such a bad flie problem in the eating room.