“Great views”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moab
Moab KOA Campground
Ranked #23 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Moab
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Spending three days at this typical KOA campground while we explore Moab. Very friendly and helpful check-in staff, good store/supplies. Went to ice cream sundae night; excellent! Bathrooms unisex and nice and clean with Fiberglas molded showers. A little close to major highway (rte 191) but not too bad. Could use some more trees for shade and a little more dust control. We would return.

1  Thank James A
Moabkoa, Owner at Moab KOA Campground, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thanks for staying with us. We do have some wonderful views. The sunsets are great they are almost 180 degrees of magnificent.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We arrived at the Moab Koa 23 minutes prior to the pm check in time. They wanted an additional $10 for arriving early. I said we could wait in our motor home and have coffee until 1 pm They would not allow this. I expressed dismay. So the lady said she would not charge the $10. Later when we checked the recipt, we discovered that they did, in fact charge the additional $10.
I think this was dishonest

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ken c

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Check in time for sites is 1pm and Lodging is 2pm.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I didn't read any reviews here of this KOA before I booked it and went - rare for me, but there weren't too many campsites with showers that I could reserve in advance. I also wanted someplace well staffed since I was travelling alone. Having gone, and now seen the reviews, I think all of them are accurate: this place can make your day or make you miserable, mostly up to you.
- There is nothing put down on the red Moab dirt to make a tent pad, so make sure to have a tarp or footprint, and buy better stakes before you get here. I had neither, that dust is everywhere, and my crappy tent pegs did NOT go into the rock-hard ground at all, even with a hammer. The wind flipped my tent even with my stuff in it, and a nice woman in the next site helped me set stones on the edges to hold it down!
- It's got a weird shower/bathroom setup, different than other KOAs I've been to - not separate mens and womens, just bathroom stalls (toilet/sink) with full doors, and showers (no sink) with full doors. So you'll have privacy, but having sinks only in bathroom stalls means you have to wait for one all over again after showering if you want the mirror, etc.
- That said, the staff were more helpful to me about a place for dinner, etc than elsewhere, generally very nice, and I really didn't find it too far from downtown Moab, or the park. And the sites here were bigger than at another KOA I stayed at a few days later.
- TRUE fact about the UNbelievable views from this place, and good dark skies for stargazing! You are not sleeping right next to a busy road or within sight of city lights.
I'd use it again, for sure, but I'd be better prepared with my equipment.

Room Tip: I was pretty happy with the tent site (other than the rocky ground), but if you have strong feelings...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for the review. If you come to the office and ask for help we will get your tent stakes in the ground. But just arrive early so it gives us time to help you. I agree the views are great.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed two nights at this KOA on our recent driving trip of the southwest. We had a tent site and it was very small with no tent pad. Also, the ground was extremely hard so we couldn't put some of our stakes in. The bathrooms were clean for the most part, but the showers did seem a bit grimy. Some of the staff were pretty grumpy most of the time, so that was a downer. Also, this KOA is about 5 miles south of Moab. The entrance to Arches and Canyonlands-Island in the Sky are on the North side of Moab, so you have to drive into town, then through town to get to just about everything. Also, there was a LOT of road noise, even in the middle of the night, so don't stay here if that kind of thing bothers you. I don't think we would stay here again. If we were to camp again, we would probably find a campground on the north side of town closer to Arches.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Sorry to hear about the staff not sure who you were dealing with. We hope to do better.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed 3 nights too many! NO WIFI. I booked here because they had it and am a KOA member. Worst place. Screws sticking out of the deck by pool.... dirty and littered. Staff grumpy...when they water the trees you do not have water. NOISY. A little too far out of town. Showers/washrooms stunk and had no ventilation at all. I felt dirty after the shower as it was so humid in there. We also had 2 items stolen here. Only good thing was the view! Staff were rude to my husband asking about a car in another campspot. WOULD NOT STAY HERE!

1  Thank MissPeony

Thanks for writing your review. After reading your review we have replaced all the screws on the pool deck and now not one screw sticks up, it helps us to hear what we can work on.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 nights in a full hook up,
Sites are good size for pull thru.
Store was fairly equipped with essentials.
Pool looked nice but didn't have a chance to use,
Good location, close to town and major sites.
Only thing I would recommend is to have brochures for local sites.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank SharoJi

Close to town, good to hear. Thanks for your kind words, the staff work very hard and we love to hear good reviews. See you again soon we hope.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff was helpful and kind. The sites were too small. We have a camper on a truck and could barely make it around with out getting into the next site. The bathrooms and showers were adequate, more ventilation would be helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013

Yes, we do have some wonderful staff, they work hard and do a great job. Hope you come back to Moab KOA again, safe travels