“Good value for traveling with a pet.....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moab
Moab KOA Campground
Ranked #20 of 34 Specialty Lodging in Moab
Aurora, Colorado
“Good value for traveling with a pet.....”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I've stayed in several KOAs and this one was similar to others. Very clean, well maintained and the owners quite nice. The only complaint I have is the sound of the highway traffic as my cabin was located near the entrance. The A/C was good however having stayed in other hot climate KOAs which had ceiling fans, a ceiling fan would have been a nice addition to help move the cooler air around - so bring a fan!

It is situated a bit south of town away from the main stores, gas and tourist stops for evening outings but not too far away overall. I didn't care much for the unisex bathroom areas as I was traveling alone and would have felt safer in having single sex bathroom areas. However, the general feel of the place had me feeling safe and not to worry. I just made sure I was aware of my surroundings which any smart solo traveler would do.

I'd definitely stay there again as the value was very much worth it. I was merely looking for a nice, clean place to sleep that allowed me to travel with my pet and didn't look for the amenities. Compared to the hotel costs which allowed pets, this was by far the best deal and yet held to being clean, safe and nice.

Room Tip: If you are desiring a quieter evening, ask for a cabin to the back of the property.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank RUMRZ_TRU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Koudekerk aan den rijn, Netherlands
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This campground is perfectly located for visiting both Arches NP as Canyonlands. Arches is around 15 mins drive while the Needles entrance of Canyonlands is 1hr and the Island in the Ky entrance is around 30 - 45 mins. The campsite was spacious, we had a good bit of shade from a tree but there also a lot of sites without shade. We were put in a non shade site first, but by asking we got a better site which was also available in shade. There are a lot of private restrooms and showers. Altough it was pretty busy, we never had to wait. It was also very clean. We had wifi connection at the campsite itself. Staff were friendly. We used the pool as well, it was not warm as stated in other reviews.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed May 16, 2011

"The heated pool means the water is just right on cool desert evenings." The pool is not heated as adverstised. They have a "solar cover". Maybe in the middle of summer the pool is warm enough to swim in but in Spring and Fall it is not. The only reason we stayed in this campground was so our children would be able to swim in the pool so it was a huge disappointment when it was closed upon our arrival. The staff was rude about it. The positive thing about this campground was that the bathrooms were clean. We were given a campsite without shade. If you're going in summer be warned that not all sites have shade.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank tripfrogs

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Washington DC
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights in May 2011. Compared to some of the other privately-owned campgrounds we saw around Moab during our stay, KOA has more spacious tent sites. Each tent site has trees and picnic tables with a shade cover over the picnic table. The bathrooms were sparkling clean and well maintained. Some noise from traffic during the night, but nothing bad enough to keep us awake at night. The campgound is set back from the road a little. The staff was also very friendly each time we interacted with them. I also like that the location is close to town but not in town. We would have dinner in town and drive back out for the night--a good comprimise between "roughing it" and still having the benefits of civilization. All in all, the KOA was great for what it is supposed to be--an easy and cheap place to rest your head at night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Pros:

Clean bathrooms, LOT better then SlickRock campground.
Quiet guests
Well organized
Nice people
WiFi

Cons:
Close to highway so lots of traffic
We went in spring, but I can imagine its hot in summer no shade
Mostly dirt sites, so I can imagine in summer pretty dusty
About 3 miles from Moab

• Stayed April 2011
Moabkoa, Owner at Moab KOA Campground, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I agree the Highway is very busy, and all the campgrounds are on the main road.