“Highest rating I can give.”

Tag-A-Long Expeditions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tag-A-Long Expeditions is committed to making sure your Moab, Utah adventure travel vacation is the best it can be. No matter your age or ability, we can match you up to the perfect vacation. Because we are the longest running outfitter in Moab, we have the ability to go into the most places ourselves which means, when you do a tour with Tag-A-Long, we take personal responsibility in ensuring it's a success! Our motto says it all: If you can dream it, we can make it happen!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 23, 2013

What can I say?! This was an awesome experience. Four of us rafted the Westwater Canyon. My 10 year old daughter, 16 year old nephew and my sister. Everyone agrees this was an great time. Tag-A-Long's website is informative, booking was easy price was reasonalbe and the service was great. They seemed well organized and we left for our ride on time. Our guide, David, was great! Thinking back I should have tipped him more! He really made the experience. The river flow was low but the rapids were still awesome! We will be back.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"excitement"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Three generations of my family just returned from the 5 day Desolation Canyon tour with Tag-A-Long and we had a phenomenal time. Our trip began with a small plane flight from the Moab airport to a small dirt landing strip on top of a mesa. After landing, we hiked to the river bottom, where we began the river portion of the trip, so that on the first day we experienced the canyon from the air, land, and river. Each day we gained more experience with the river and rapids so that by the 4th day even my 10 year old, who paddled his own ducky for more than 50 of the 80 river miles, felt confident handling even the largest rapids after scouting them from above. We are immensely grateful to our trip leader Samantha for her impeccable professionalism, ability to effectively mobilize vast quantities of people and gear, and problem solve on the fly while still being attuned to individual needs. River guide Joe took care of me twice when I had different medical needs, and each time he was compassionate and attentive and I left feeling not just physically better, but also comforted. Guide Chris saw outdoor leadership potential in our son and made sure to pass on resources for outdoor education from his expertise in experiential/outdoor education. Guide Jesse came from a background in the culinary arts and every meal was fresh and flavorful and many were made to order--plus he was just a great guy to be with. River guide Ben, with his big heart, playful demeanor, and ability to say just the right thing even in challenging moments, made such a positive impression on my son that he decided he wants to be a river guide. This trip included people from ages 8-76, and each individual was able to experience the trip in a way that met their individual needs. Our family would whole heartedly recommend this trip to anyone, and these guides in particular.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our guide, Doug, was great! He was extremely knowledgeable and entertained us with wonderful stories. AND - he is an excellent driver! We felt very safe with him at the wheel. One day, we did an all day trip to Arches in a 4x4 with some off-roading to places we wouldn't have been able to see on our own. We liked the tour so well, that we booked another half day tour, with Doug, to Canyonland.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Did two 1/2 day tours: Arches & Canyonlands

Arches off-road tour was an experience - and not for the faint hearted. VERY BUMPY - anyone who suffers from motion sickness should not take the off-road tour. Definitely an experience - glad I did it, but wouldn't do it again. Saw some beautiful scenery, though. Thank goodness, the 4x4 had good shocks and AC.

Canyonlands tour - GREAT. Saw Mesa Arch, Dead Horse State Park, and even took the "long road" (I think that's what it was called) down the mountain - single lane, dirt road - very cool (not something for someone afraid of heights). Part touring in the 4x4, part mild hiking. Drove under the huge boulder - would definitely recommend this tour, and would do this one again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction