“Retro Inn at good rates.”
Review of Inca Inn

Inca Inn
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Moab
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was a trip back in time. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were tiny but clean as well. This Inn was very busy and the next day at check out there was a sign on the office window that said no vacancy and yet the other chain hotels in that town seemed mostly empty. My husband told the office staff that the shower sprayed cold water toward the bathroom light bulbs and made one of them burst. This was no inconvenience to us but thought we should let them know. They gave us $5.00 off our bill. That was very nice of them. Their free breakfast served us a home baked bread which was exceptional. If I ever passed through that area of Utah again I'd make sure to stay at the Inca Inn. Very well worth the low rates. Great friendly staff. Check out their video on youtube - it will make you giggle.

Room Tip: Don't pass up this value. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,615)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We will definitely stay again. Nothing fancy but clean and nice staff. There was a basic breakfast and the rooms were simple but clean. It was great having a frig in room to have picnic stuff for next day. Great location on north side of town near arches.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

..but, I've only slept in a few. This is your classic strip motel that the owners have transformed into a very respectable place to stay. The rooms were clean, modern and the bed was quite comfortable. The room rate was very reasonable for an offseason Saturday. I may have considered giving 5 stars if the shower wasn't so uncomfortable. It was tiny, water leaked profusely on the bathroom floor, and the showerhead height was so low as to make it nearly impossible to get your hair wet. ALMOST walking distance to the great shops in Moab, this motel is definitely worth every penny, and the staff and owner couldn't be any nicer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2013

2 weeks ago while travelling from Dallas to Salt Lake City, I found this gem thru Trip Advisor. What a fantastic deal! Not only was my room clean, comfortable and quiet- all of the staff at the Inca Inn were great. Grant the owner just happened to pull up while I was unloading my car, and promptly introduced himself and gave me a personal introduction to the Inca and my room for the night.
I got a great recommendation for dinner from the staff, and the next morning had a tasty continental breakfast. I had a great night's sleep as well. This weekend we will be back in Moab and of course have booked our room for the night we are in Moab. So, don't miss the Inca! It's definitely one you will pass on to friends and family. Thanks to Grant and all the great staff. See you Saturday!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I chose to stay here based on TripAdvisor reviews. I loved some things about the room. The bathroom was very clean, and the bed was super comfortable. I slept really well. A couple of things were a bit of a problem for me. When I opened the fridge to put in my leftovers from dinner, I found that it had been unplugged, was warm inside, and smelled so bad I immediately felt sick and slammed the door shut. Not a huge problem, but I ended up throwing my food away. The other thing was sound. While I was awake, I could hear a lot of subtle sounds from the rooms next to mine, so I figured that other guests could hear me as well.

The breakfast was good, the heater worked great for me, I really liked the bed, and the price was right. Even though I've been in the habit of staying in chain hotels, I'm getting to like staying in smaller traditional motels more and more. It's convenient being able to park right in front of my room door and to easily move luggage in and out, so I've been trying places like Inca Inn. I would stay here again but next time would ask them to have the fridge clean and running prior to my arrival.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RJSP
Inca_Owner, Owner at Inca Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Grant, the owner responding here. Always grateful for reviews, of all types. This review is appreciated and seemed more than fair in everything said. It's a reminder that you can do so many things right only to have one thing go wrong and then not get the job done. Great beds, very clean bathroom, great nights sleep, excellent breakfast, great heater, parking in front of your room and.............one fridge that got unplugged and some noise next door. Rats!

Any fridge, if unplugged, will get an odor to it, which is why we never unplug our fridges, even though leaving them running all the time wastes a small amount of energy. We have very conscientious guests staying with us and sometimes the idea of an "empty, running fridge" rankles a guest and they will unplug it without us knowing. While we appreciate the attempt the save energy, the problem of course is exactly what happened here. The fridges don't cycle all the time either so it is not a noticeable problem for my wonderful housekeeping staff. We keep the plugs hidden and so finding the unit unplugged can be problematic.

We will do a hand temp now on all the fridges to makes sure there is evidence of them being cold. This should do the trick and hopefully this guest will forgive us this one time. This comment is the first comment we've ever had about an unplugged fridge so I know it doesn't happen often.

We ask all our guests to maintain a quiet atmosphere from 10:00pm to 9:00am. Sound will travel and of course there is only so much we can do about the occasional problem of noise next door. Fortunately this guest got a good night's sleep and I'm assuming the problem was limited to waking hours.

We'd have wheeled in a brand new fridge if we'd known about the problem. We keep spares on hand and our goal is to always solve problems when we find out about them. Always let the front desk know if there is an issue. We're happy to help.

Thanks for the review and all the accolades. We'll get it right next time. See you soon!

Best,

Grant Peck, Owner

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Although the room is ordinary, there are nice touches, such as the fridge and microwave, free wi-fi, plenty of plug-ins, very nice tub and shower. The heater worked well but was very loud, and bothered my husband's sleep. There is very good coffee and tea and the breakfast was fine with boiled eggs, bread or toast, muffins, orange juice, orange wedges, and cereal.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Montana013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Nice, clean, updated and a great value! Rooms have a microwave and a small fridge. Bring your own hair dryer and you are all set. Remodeled Motor Inn done right. Very helpful staff.The value is great! AAA and AARP accepted.

Room Tip: Great place but bring your own hair dryer.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo