“Quite A Surprise!”

Sunset Grill
Ranked #26 of 101 Restaurants in Moab
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Sunset Grill is in the former home of Uranium King Charlie Steen. In the early 1950s Moab was a small farming community. Arches and Canyonlands were places only a lucky few experienced. In 1952 Charles A. Steen, geologist and prospector, put Moab on the world map. The Sunset Grill specializes in hand-cut steaks, prime rib, seafood, and other traditional dishes.
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

On the last night of our week long stay in the Moab area we decided to try the Sunset Grill. We were a little tired after our afternoon at Arches and really wanted to eat at some place relaxing. This restaurant is built high on a cliff just as you are entering Moab and I thought it would be very crowded and touristy. It wasn’t at all. Very quiet and relaxing setting. Food and service was wonderful. Very interesting location, too. The restaurant used to be the home in the 1950s of a man who discovered Uranium in the Moab area. He became a millionaire and built this extravagant house that is now the Sunset Grill.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank angiede54
Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Been to this before and really enjoyed my meal so we tried again while in town - got the prime rib which in my opinion was just the best I’ve ever had - my gf on the other hand had the trout that had numerous bones in it - she said her veggies were cold and rice was also cold - while I ogled over my dinner she was opposite - staff was attentive although it took quite a while to get our food - I told my gf to say something but she refused to do so

1  Thank patrickcat07
Reviewed November 4, 2018

My hotel in Moab did not have dinner facilities. When I had a look at a list of restaurants I saw mainly fast food, Mexican and pub type of restaurants. The hotel receptionist recommended then Sunset Grill .
I was picked up by a shuttle within 10 minutes and brought up-hill to a cosy restaurant. Beautiful view over the valley and-even more important- beautiful food. One evening I had a perfect, tender steak and the next evening I took fish which was excellent: not dry, not overcooked but simply perfect.
In my opinion the best of town!

Reviewed October 25, 2018

My husband and I went with friends. The only thing on the menu that he could eat was the small dinner salad. He ordered two and two others at the table gave him theirs. Service was a little slow and it wasn't full or overflowing. Nice view of the sunset.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

Our last night visiting Arches NP and Canyonlands NP, we decided to clean up after hiking and go to a nice restaurant. We chose Sunset Grill and everything was wonderful.
We ate outside overlooking Moab at night and it was lovely. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. However, unexpectedly, there is no dinner salad on the menu.

Date of visit: September 2018

Been to Sunset Grill? Share your experiences!